Azumi - Vol. 48 Ch. 349 - The Journey

Dex-chan lover
Good to see it was just a dream and the pursuers found her on the road again. Else the whole village gonna get exposed or worse, gets destroyed even if they have people covering for them. 1 more chapter to go?

For how long have I been reading this? It feels like forever. Anyway, it was pretty much impossible to conclude such a story. Azumi is never physically harmed by any enemy, still a maiden in the end. It's part of the myth. The twin brothers in the remote village were the most dangerous opponents, I suppose.

Thanks a lot to the team for their hard work and the pleasure they brought throughout the years.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
That was sudden, there was nothing there as recently as yesterday. edit: oof that is some bad scan image quality (not a criticism of the scanslation although the font choice is not great either)... Also it's a companion/sequel series to a completely unrelated manga, https://mangadex.org/title/6e61088a-2bb4-4a3a-858e-fe8fe9403ddd/rainbow-samurai, that has no chapters here. Really not feeling it. I'll pass. Eh, maybe it's okay.

Honestly I want more of this Azumi, not a new Azumi.

edit2: reading it, and it's not as bad as I feared. I think it suffers the most from neo-Azumi not getting as much character development as she should; while she is "Azumi" she is also technically a different person. I think the creator relied a little heavily on the earlier character to save time on developing this one.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Man Tenkai should just get rid of those 2 plagues that keep hunting Azumi, make yourself useful for once dammit!

So is this really the end? Azumi just keeps drifting while being hunted until she grows of old age or dies, and meanwhile those piece of shit Munenori becomes a daimyo and Suden rises to chancellor?

So they get away with it, and we don't even know what becomes of Azumi because the sequel is not really a sequel? this sucks so much man...

Dex-chan lover
That was a good ride. Thank you for translations.
While I know it will never be the same, see y'all in Azumi 2. Cheers.

Dex-chan lover
Thank you so much for your dedication to translating/typesetting this long series! I've been following it for years and it's become so near and dear to me. Def gonna try cosplaying Azumi one day lmao. Will miss the OG and it's cast a lot (tobizaru <3), but will try out Azumi 2 soon!! Thank you!!!!

Finally, the day that this manga gets translated completely has come 🥰 Thank u so muchhhh!!!

Thanks for completing this translation accomplishment; this series has gained a soft spot in my heart, and I cant recall not enjoying every one of your releases.

Users who are viewing this thread