Azur Lane - Akagi² (Doujinshi)

I have litteraly no idea who anyone is or what they're doing but this artist has a neat Calvin and Hobbes-ish artstyle and I read just for that. I hope he does more in the future.

@ArcBrunestud he posts them on Reddit whenever they're done, to the r/AzureLane subreddit! The characters are all from the mobile game Azur Lane, which is about world war 2 ships... in an alternate reality world. And also they're anime girls. But also ships.
It's fun.
I also loved it at first for the Calvin and Hobbes style of it! :)

If you want to see them as soon as he posts them, check out the subreddit, otherwise feel free to add a follow here on MangaDex, where I usually update it with the latest entry within a few hours of him posting it to Reddit.

I am looking forward to more Little-chans and their shenanigans. Especially Little Renown if/when she shows up

edit: rechecked, ok, that is little renown... thought that was just renown

@TheKleptomaniac Well some of the conversations, like getting angry at Akashi for making the chibi versions of the girls or why there is a battleship version of Kaga with Chibi-Enty, probably only make sense if you actually play the game where this stuff is actually a plot point. As for the rest of it, most of it is History jokes. Hope that helps.

Anything specific line you don't understand?

It's more of I don't understand who some of the characters are and what their relationships are. But what are the cubes they talk about in chapter 22

Wisdom cubes are the resource used in Azur Lane to construct/summon new ship girls. @TheKleptomaniac

In other news Akagi put Enterprise down *hard* there. Damn son. The meaning behind that one is connected to the Battle of Midway. The entire Kido Butai, the First Carrier Strike Force, the IJN carrier group that perpetrated the sneak attack on Pearl Harbor was sunk at Midway. Akagi and her sisters did not go easily or quietly. They more or less burned to the water line, proud warships reduced to pits of misery and death, grave yards for their crews, the cream of the crop of Japanese carrier aviation in every dimension... just as soon as they were torpedoed to put them out of their misery.

Basically Akagi is saying Enterprise wouldn't be so eager to train a little girl for battle if she'd had to watch helpless while her sisters died a slow, agonizing death before succumbing herself. Which is on point because Enterprise's sister ship USS Yorktown was indeed sunk at Midway. It was by all accounts a rather orderly affair, not a lot of loss of life or horror stories we'll never hear told for the sailors aboard her. They'd almost managed to save her when a IJN submarine delivered the coup de grace and Yorktown slipped beneath the waves.

um... this needs to be updated soon. The artist has already posted chapters 24 and 25 on twitter

Chapter 24: Posted July 14, 2020
Chapter 25: Posted July 31, 2020

^ as reference if you need to find them

@TheKleptomaniac Sorry for the late reply, I saw that TwoHeavens had already answered your biggest question about the cubes so I felt you didn't need anymore. I just wanted to say that I get you getting confused by the characters. Their characters are now kind of a mix of how they are in the game and the anime along with a a bit of silliness from their other comic series and a bit from fan cannon probably.

For example, Kaga is basically a Yandare for the commander (the character you play as in the game) while also carrying deeply her for sisters (kaga and Amagi). She hates anything that she sees as a threat to her getting the commanders love and holds some animosity to Enterprise both due to how she destroyed her in the real world and in the game their two nations are in a war.

I feel like we need to start a petition. I would like to see the guys over at Azur Lane showing how much they appreciate Ethan Forscythe for his comic by having in game skins for Akagi-chan, Akagi, Kaga, and Enterprise and some others done in Ethan's artstyle

Fed-Kun's army
Started reading this on a whim, wasn't expecting much.........next thing I know the updates where gone.
This manga contains 150% of Akagi-chan's cuteness with only 5% of her yandere tendencies aimed only at Akagi.

10/10 Will fluff tails.

Dex-chan lover
And you can bet that Hellcat is well taken care of... if not super-jacked.

Users who are viewing this thread