Back to Rule Again

I'm going to be honest here, when the MC morphed other people's weapons to injure them, I had some semblance of hope, thinking: "Wow, I mean, it's pretty obvious to use your ability like that, but I didn't expect a manhua MC to do something that required brain cells! Overlooking his stupid actions and the side characters' uselessness, this might be semi-decent!"

Haha, jokes on me, that ability is completely forgotten later on and the MC's fights become a "haha, sword goes woosh" type of thing.

After reading few chapters .. I think the story really similar to another manhua called the last human ..

in one phrase: not good
lets leave plot aside for a moment and talk setting and story design...
its a reincarnation second life story which thrives with the quality of the mc because he/she is the focal point and fulcrum for the reader
so the reader needs to be invested or atleast interested in the mc's fate...
now enter this manhwa...
the mc is a 2 dimensional asshole that gets everything thrown at him.
most of the sparse contend in the chapters is filled with movement and the rest is mostly cringy one liners leaving very little to expose the mc's backstory or thoughts beyond "imma strong i wants revenge"
which makes it hard if not impossible to get interested in the mc not to mention his braindead band of followers
so yeah for me this manhwa failed at the core level which leaves only a very ordinary display of zombie horror and gore with a bit of one shot violence

as for the plot i refer to @Wojox who summarized the plotholes very thoroughly only missing that all the evolved charackters conveniently enter into a moment of being powerless and slow when the author feels like it
they can stop metal bats in fullswing from an ambush behind a door yet fail to stop 1 normal human aggressor out of 2 total in chapter 15 from wrangling a back of supplies and fleeing?

and if you happen to like this kind of zombie apocalypse then i would suggest king of apocalypse or My Girlfriend Is a Zombie those are also not literary treasures by any means but at least better then this

from what i've read in the comments this is an inferior version of DreamCiders, if you think this manhua is trash, just go read Dreamciders, they take the plot a bit seriously than this

Aggregator gang
@Retardehso, I tried Dreamcide after seeing your comment after seeing someone compare this manhwa to Starting from Zero in Doomsday. IMHO Dreamcide started off good and piques your interest, I like that it took itself seriously, but by chapter 130 something, I started getting annoyed because the author kept throwing in too many subplots and forcing them to connect to the main plot making the story dragon on. The author also started forgetting some of their own plot devices and world rules and spent too much time making the MC forget his basic advantage, especially when he had to deal with situations in the future. I'll leave it at that so I don't spoil it for people. Oh, for those reading this, also know that if you deep dive into Dreamcide, the story has been completed as of Oct 2020 and you can only pay for the last four chapters on Tapas.com. I may have missed some corner of the interwebs, but I did a couple of searches and couldn't find any free manga site with the last four chapters.

Users who are viewing this thread