Back to Work! - Ch. 11 - Thrilling Request (2)

Ok, I'm putting bets in now that this is some Pride and Prejudice shit. Second ML is pretty but using her. ML is a stoic tsundere.

I like reading comics where the emotions and heartbreak is so real, so raw, so perfectly drawn and conveyed it makes my own heart break into a million pieces. I felt a small fraction of that in that flashback with her ex and I can't wait for more chapters to tear me apart and leave me shriveled in a puddle of tears and heartache.

To me her ex seems like a guy who likes a fan/motherly girlfriend. The kind who adores, supports and looks after him but doesn't place expectations on him. Essentially a rather selfish kind of person. He wants someone who supports his dream and gives him the freedom to fully pursue it but seems to lack interest in reciprocating that. We'll have to see how things go, he may just be using her or he may like her, but he's not one to make sacrifices for her sake.

On the flip side though I think the MC didn't help that mindset. She's easily enchanted by him so she's quick to cave to him. He's gotten used to that as their normal. When they broke up it probably was a real shock to him because from his point of view things seemed to be going well and all of a sudden she has this other future she wants that he doesn't fit into. I think their relationship was less a partnership and more of her orbiting around him.

It seems as though second Ml still likes her but I’m not sure what she’s referring to when she says she wants a different future. Maybe we’ll see in the coming chapters... but yeah ML all the way! Hope to see more of him soon!

@Anndes Does he like her when he makes her feel unimportant? He probably just didn't want it to end on her terms.

But I guess we haven't seen it from his perspective yet

Ohhh her ex, he's pretty... But he plays games. Girl, you don't want that toxic shit in this point of your life. Let him be a train wreck elsewhere. He seems like the type that will never reciprocate as much love as you give him.

@Aerianda I think you're on point about the two of them.
She's too weak-willed and keeps going along with his whims when she should break it off cleanly with him. What I found telling this chapter was that she wonders what he wants of her but never once thinks about what she wants of him or for herself.

Thanks for the new chapters!

i love this anti-hero type of character. really imperfect and down to earth. been getting tired of mary sues lately.

I didn't expect Jiyoon was the one who brokeup with his boyfriend though it seems more like he's using her just because he's through a difficult time and has nowhere to stay. I can totally can understand why she brokeup with him but doesn't meant she stopped loved him she was just thinking more about herself and her future.

@Anndes looking at the summary, the future must mean Jiyoon wants to be married but it seems Gaeul doesn't want commitment

Dex-chan lover
i’m really enjoying this so far. the characters feel real. the female lead is a bit of a pushover but you can kinda see why she’s like that. she’s somewhat aware of it too. hopefully she can get stronger and move on

@Thejobbernowl Someone mentioned Bridget Jones in the comments to a previous chapter and this definitely reminds me of the movie. The roles of the male leads have just been switched up a little.

Dex-chan lover
oh wow it's only been 6 months? then why has she been acting like it's been a decade? lol

Users who are viewing this thread