Bakemonogatari

Dex-chan lover
Oh man, this self-absorbed crap gets a manga adaptation now? Will the pages be 90% text bubbles and 10% art?

Dex-chan lover
Other then the endless philosophical chatter and internal monologues, I'm more interested in how Oh Great draws Monogatari sexy times.

Air Gear and Tenjou Tenge turned to shit by the end even though they started out great, but I always thought they had great art.
This though. Boy, I just can't help but hate his character designs here. Something about his take on the series just feels off and wrong. It's like the whole thing fits into the uncanny valley for me.

The flustered Hitagi bit aside, this was a nice first chapter, could be interesting in its own right as long as Oh Great doesn't go full "Oh Great"

I hope I can understand the story on this one, (flashbacks to Air Gear confusion), I don't wanna have to watch the anime.

Dex-chan lover
Oh Great should be fine as long as someone else is writing the story. The guy definitely put all of his attribute points into art - and what amazing art it is.

Art is good storyboarding is good too, but the adaptation from Anime to manga definitely has lost the sense of mystery and conversational flow of the Anime. I'd definitely recommend watching Bakemonogatari first and then reading this or you'll kinda get spoiled.

Contributor
As expected of Oh Great! sensei.
The most sophisticate adaptation of this series so far.
It gives of the same feeling of weirdness (in a good way) like studio shaft anime adaption .

Dex-chan lover
The manga was better than expected. I also love the the original light novel run and the anime adaptation of this series.

Double-page supporter
Oshino : Did something nice happen to you?
Oh... How i miss that catchphrase.

Oh! Great is probably the only artist out there that can do it better than Shaft with anime adaptation. Visual metaphors and sexy girls, mhm.

Users who are viewing this thread