Bakemonogatari

Dex-chan lover
How to check a manga quality 101:
- check how each characters trade banters between each other.

If it compel you to read it twice before you understand the subtle meaning, intention, or even jokes... then the manga is great.

This series passed the criteria...

Had a brief look, artwork felt familiar (read both Ten2 and Air Gear plus other stuff) and then noticed Oh Great is in charge of drawing.

I might have to have a closer look at this.

From someone who didn't watch Bakemonogatari (or all the other sequel/prequel), which season does this manga refer to ? Also is the anime better ? :eek:

@Tiande This covers season 1, which is also called 'Bakemonogatari'. As far as what is best, I'd say that the Light Novels (the source material for everything) are the best. If I absolutely had to choose between the manga and the anime, I'd have to go with the anime for the sake of completeness. The Monogatari series does a really good job of building on previous story arcs, so seeing them all come together over the course of several seasons is a real treat.

when you thought Monogatari series would never work as a manga. well holy shit how wrong was i. this manga is godly.

Oof, idk how to feel about the character designs, as someone who just love the anime (check my profile pic), the change makes me feel weird. They're not bad at all, they're more realistic than anything else, but also quite distant from the anime character designs, idk if it's from the novels but the art in this manga is just way over the top, which is why i can accept the design changes.

The only ones that seems out of place to me (but looks great nontheless) are Kanbaru, which looks more feminine due to the hair, and Oshino, who went from aloha-wearing-homeless-guy to hot-homeless-guy.

oh wow in the manga they at least acknowledge that araragis power isnt just being deadpool

anyone know if araragi actually uses his vampire shit in the LNs? or are they more similar to the anime

@tehcoopatroopa Outside of Kizumonogatari Araragi doesn't use his vampiric abilities to fight. Its as the anime showed, he puts up slight resistance but mostly gets smacked around like a ragdoll. Oh! Great is taking liberties here for some reason. This kinda makes more sense considering Koyomi CAN do this sort of thing, but Nisioisin hadn't written Kizu yet and fleshed out what sort of powers Koyomi had aside from rapid regeneration. The Rainy Devil arm becoming huge is also new and presumably just like that to be cool.

Dex-chan lover
wow no wonder I thought this artist looked hella familiar, its the air gear artist

Only a few more chapter before this catches up with the raws, then no more daily bakemonogatari.

Users who are viewing this thread