Bakemonogatari

Dex-chan lover
I just started it because a friend of mine higly racomend it but after the first chapter all i can say is that art is great but dialogues, the story, the characters and almost evrything are cringe as fuck. I've checked the author and is that cancer dude who create medaka box. Should i drop it or it will get better?

Dex-chan lover
@critico it’s up to you. It’s a bit cringe but honestly (and I hate to say it because the art is great) it’s mostly because of the manga. It’s one of those things that’s really interesting but is also full of moments that make you embarrassed for reading it.

@critico The manga is kinda cringe, but that's because of how Oh Great has changed the story. The anime was better and the light novels are just amazing. That's probably what your friend actually likes, so I recommend checking one of those out instead. As for the manga, I don't really read it. I don't like it much either, and I'm a huge fan of the Monogatari series. I just read the parts with my favorite girl and where new characters are introduced so I can see how they're drawn. So if you wanna drop it, go for it. It might get better if Oh Great adapts the later installments as well. And keep in mind, the original is from 2005, so, despite being a new manga, the actual writing is a little old. So, it doesn't have more modern references and it doesn't fit what a new, modern anime fan might like.

This Manga is amazing. Depth of characters, lore building, story ... and the art is to die for. The only downside is that quality like that takes a while.

I hate this manga so much. Oh!Great drawing loli shit is the cringiest.
And because I feel like ranting, because I'm so mad at this, to the people who say that Oh!Great's writing usually suck and that his stories end up not making any sense (and that he's thus better off with someone else writing) :

- he hasn't written biorg trinity and it's the worst, most unintellegible manga he's ever published
- many manga end up not making any sense, he just adds visual metaphors that make them even more confusing sometimes, so I don't get why he's more criticized than many others mangakas for this
- because I'm butthurt as hell I can't help but feel that the criticism of his scenarios (and imo Tenjo Tenge isn't bad story-wise) pushed him to collab with crap writers and end up with biorg trinity and this awful bakemonogatari nightmare and gah that makes me so angry

if he wants to do philosophy (herm) with a lame-ass harem protagonist, so be it. But it pains me to no end that the loli and fan service is pantheon-level cringe, knowing what he has done before. (now, yes, I know, he has drawn loli-esque characters before, but in here it reaches the worst depths I've ever seen from him)

I hope he feels happy drawing this because damn I hate it so much

whats the reason for mangadex pulling the old chapters cause the old translator pulled out? the whole reason i use mangadex is cause its supposed to be one of the best sites to read your shit but not if they will suddenly remove a large chunk of their reading material for whatever unspecified reason

Contributor
@SpinnytheBoi That's why every manga reader should use baka, with this you can check who scanlated unavailabe chapters and check comments page or scanlator's site to learn why did they remove the chapters.

Fed-Kun's army
from seing the last chapter really quick i couldnt recognize what episode it was from the anime are the events of the manga differing from the anime and therefore is it worth to read it ?

Users who are viewing this thread