Bakemonogatari

Is the translation on vacation? I found myself trying to read at lht and translating the spanish comments:( this is one of the best ongoing right now

Fed-Kun's army
Wait, is this the manga from the whole monogatari series ? or just the Bakemono part ?
The novels are pretty far away IIRC

this manga version is much more easier to understand compared to anime version, i think there are extra details here and there, great art style too
10/10 from me

Dex-chan lover
@Zombiepaste if you're serious, this series got an official release and the group that scanlated chapters 01-24 decided to take them off their website and from here, those chapters are available on any other manga aggregator.

Let me show you a picture. Imagine you just got back into manga after a long hiatus, you used to read the classics on a random aggregator, but then you ran out of classic to read, school picked up, stuff happened. But now, now you have time, you just got a fresh reddit account and stumbled upon anime and manga subreddits, flashbacks of every great manga you read are coming back, you go onto r/manga and see that it has a ton of chapter uploads from a website called mangadex.org, alright, sounds official enough. You click, and get transported to a random chapter. Hey, you remember this type of site! You just don't know where you saw a site that has this aesthetic, but you've been to one, maybe that old D&D site you used to moderate and upkeep, maybe another aggregate site, or maybe the official site of some school organization, who knows. You fumble around the site until you find the home page, you see an old classic appear in the top of all time section, you check it out. A bit unfinished, maybe a little less so than the aggregate you used to visit, but still readable. You read a few chapters, its different from what you remember, it turns out people have to translate these things, and its not usually free. You catch a glimpse of a title that looks interesting, one word, "bakemonogatari", sounds exotic, but it has a yellow tag, ecchi? Googled. Eh, seems fine, you've always been somewhat of a pervert, can't be that bad, right? The first few chapters are unique, really cool, extremely funny, if somewhat disturbing. Uh oh, someones coming, close tab. You eventually get around to making an account, but you just can't remember what it was you read, eh, probably too bad to even put on you're MDList, you're paranoid that way. Eventually you find it, not before being recommended the anime version at least once, but you've always been a manga fan, it's more efficient without needing lots of mental energy to read. One day, clicking on all the top titles of the week that interest you, you find it. You remember it was more ecchi than this, its not so bad, but still just as good.
Thank you, that was my first experience with this manga, and boy was it amazing.

Group Leader
@Leviathanmiuma That's because the manga only loosely follows the main story of the novels, which were the source of the anime. The manga mostly has its own canon and in recent chapters has begun deviating from the original story quite a bit. Also, the manga adapts the story to cater to a shonen audience, Meaning that while the original story consists of mainly dialogue, the manga adds a ton of action+ecchi stuff to the story to keep the younger(and older?) readers reading.

just watch the anime
i am watching it in this order which is the release order

bake
nise
neko(kuro)
monagatari series second season. (need to watch hitagi end since i dont remember anything about it)
hana
tsuki
owari(first season)
koyomi
owari(second season)
zoku owari

for kizu im planing on watching it after im done with koyomi.

monogatari in total is about 105 ep and 3 movies

chronological order is confusing since you gotta watch different ones with different arcs that are in the same season like after shinobu time arc in mono second season you gotta watch owari first season shinobu mail i dont like this since im the type that likes to watch shows in its release order and not chronological order since i wanna experience what the people were thinking back when it was airing
or just look at this guide
https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/bakemonogatari1645/images/9/90/Timeline_Oct_2019_version_2.png/revision/latest?cb=20191013012311
if its against the rules please let me know since the rules are confusing

Users who are viewing this thread