Bakemonogatari

Don't listen to @Makotoyukidesu . The manga is still written by the original author while Oh Great is doing the art. In other words, the story is an improved/revised take on the original by the author himself. It follows the original well and complements things that were dull or lacked details. Both action and ecchi have the same feel as it ever had and very well-executed. The anime had a much more abstract feel which had his charm but I also think the more detailed art style makes it feels very fresh and less dry. Every page is a looker.
I've never seen a manga adaptation this good before. That's quite the impressive job they did here. Monogatari series has so much luck, it always gets in good hands and each iteration looks innovative and well crafted.

Group Leader
@kazenoh It's still good, but as I understand it, NisiOisin isn't writing the manga take of the story. Oh Great! is, and is basing it off of the original story. I've found many places that state this, including the Bakemonogatari wiki, and my physical copies of the English and Japanese versions of the manga. I will not deny that it is a fantastic manga adaptation, I was not discrediting it in the comment you were referring to. What I should have said was that on its own, it's fantastic. Even not on its own, when you compare it to the original work(novels), it's still fantastic, but my personal opinion still stands that the original work is much better. I will still recommend for anyone who wants the fully fleshed out, no hyper-exaggerated, complete version of the Monogatari story to read the novels or watch the anime. There are many things in this manga that did not happen in the novels, which is fine, as it adds character to the manga rendition of the series and adds more flavor to certain characters. But I will forever believe that the novels are better. And It's okay to disagree.

As a random note, the manga was incredibly true to the novels in one spot that the anime was not. In the Kizumonogatari novels, Araragi first met Kiss-Shot in the street at night. In the movies, he meets her in a subway station. The manga, for this scene, chooses to keep the original from the novels, and has Araragi meet her in the street.

gay ass cover, this manga even before the cover change is an embarrassment to the monogatari series. anime + ln > this conglomerate of whatever the fuck

@satoneh
thats the release order chronological order is gonna be hard for me since i dont like to stop watching an anime mid season then go to another season and go back that shit always confuses me

@Reis they have 3 lines of conversation both straight and come close to nothing, lol. The only relation to eachother is wanting to hunt kiss shot accelarion heart under blade

@satoneh

I didn’t fucking say that the release order is the chronological order what can you not get from that first comment when I said chronological order is confusing so I watched it the release order. If that’s hard for you I’ll try to make it more simple. Release order is not chronological but it’s ok to watch it that way

@Soveregin
Do you mean to say yaoi in like is this manga yaoi or is there any yaoi doujin if your asking about doujin then probobly idk since I don’t like yaoi but this manga isn’t Yaoi.

@satoneh
I already said release order isn’t the same as chronological order And I don’t care about how the story flows because I prefer release order more than chronological order because it’s easier to watch

Users who are viewing this thread