Bakemonogatari

@satoneh, in the end its all about perspective. A lot of people think this is a great manga adaptation, either if they watched or not, read the novels or not. And a few like yourself that didn't like it because of certain details. All adaptation wont be as good as the original, take LOTR as example, it will never beat the books even if they are considered master pieces. There will be missing parts or wrong interpretations and Just the fact that we're reading a Nisio Isin in English already makes this a ''bad adaptation''. What about the parts where we understand shit because we need to know the kanji references? it sucks but that wont stop us from reading, correct? I like it and that's what matters to me.

I have a question if anyone wants to answer is this all of the animes in manga form or am I suppose to read multiple manga series

@fumu_fumu This is a loose adaptation of the original novels, and it seems it will "adapt" everything. If you want a faithful adaptation, watch the anime. If you already have watched the anime and want more Monogatari, the novels have a crapload of easter eggs not included in the anime neither the manga (which is so far behind it may as well take a decade or two to "adapt" the last arc animated).

@fumu_fumu The novels? I recomend buying them (the writing makes it worth the price), but if you want to pirate... there is a guy in nyaa that has nearly every LN officially released in english in a torrent.

The manga? Again, better to buy it, but there are other alternatives for the first 4 volumes, the ones missing here (sadly, the translation is actually pretty far behing).

Hey I know that the anime has a rlly weird watching order, but is this manga a “all in one” package? Im asking this question because I don’t see any spin-offs, prequels, sequels, etc. I’m rlly interested in started this series, but because I don’t know if there is something else before this that I have to read, I’m beggin u to help a brotha out ASAP

Plz and thank u

I've probably already said this before, but a gateway drug into anime bullshit philosophy. Art is hype, plot is hype, "plot" is hype, fights are hype, romance is hype, the only thing that isn't hype is the L- lemonade, yeah, that. It's played for laughs though, at his expense.

Arararagi been smoking that good stuff, but he ain't the most mentally sound so not everything's the fun kind of crazy, and that continues into the rest of the series, so if there's something that turns you off here, its by and large still gonna be there 5 books down the line.

What happened to the original translator posting chapters? Why have they stopped? I want to finish reading this manga!

Certainly a smoother experience than the jarring camera angles and flashing kanji cards (that get lost in translation regardless) from the animation.

Dex-chan lover
Most infuriating thing about this is that feels like this would be coolest thing ever, if I could stop comparing it to the LN and think of it as its own thing

Users who are viewing this thread