Bakunyuu-tachi ni Tsuihou Saretaga Modore to Iwaretemo, mou oso…Modorimashiyuu! - Vol. 1 Ch. 5

Dex-chan lover
Tbf, it's not that he appeared weaker, he was. Because he was buffing the other 3 instead of himself.

Now, about Nina and Lena...that's just the usual "for the sake of plot" imo: you're worried for his well-being, so you send him to the unknonw on his own because your party leader said so? What if he joins a random party and dies during a quest? Did leaving him on his own save him?
Those 2 choose fame over him saying it was for his best, when if they really cared for him, they would have stayed with him, either banishing raid or leaving the party. More so when, iirc, Raid was the last member to join.

About Fana....well, she got scammed. That's crystal clear. She was presented a rank A going for S party, but found a rank C party.
But the moment she realizes Shin is actually the strongest, she starts plotting to legit use him.
Sure, adventuring is a risky job, but a trusty teammate goes longer than riding tailcoats. Even more when she (as of now) didn't bring anything to the party (as for Raid words).
And from chapter 1, we already know what her plan is

So, even if that's what the story is about and adding that Raid is scum with most of the faults, these 3 girls aren't just victims.
That's a massive assumption about Nina and Lena. There is literally no mention that they want fame, and only ever that they were trying to look out for him. They didn't want him directly in harm's way, and again, Raid was making sure that Shin got injured on the regular AND was pressuring Lena with threats to their well-being.

As far as a Fana goes, "using" is such a gotcha term here. Fana herself is an A rank adventurer and a candidate for S rank. Raid assuming that she's useless doesn't mean that she doesn't have the skill to back up her rank, just that she can't boost up 3 dead weight members on her own. She is merely trying to find someone of comparable skill level to party with for S rank, which she now knows that Shin fits the bill. She's pragmatic, looking for ability and skill first. Trust is something that would come later. I mean, would you want to party up with someone that you had to babysit the entire time? I doubt it.

No, these girls are blameless. In fact, I would even lay SOME (very small percent) of the blame on Shin himself for not explaining and experimenting with his skills more. He literally only used them to boost his companions, which made them overconfident in their own powers (and possibly stop training on their own).

Dex-chan lover
That's a massive assumption about Nina and Lena. There is literally no mention that they want fame, and only ever that they were trying to look out for him. They didn't want him directly in harm's way, and again, Raid was making sure that Shin got injured on the regular AND was pressuring Lena with threats to their well-being.

As far as a Fana goes, "using" is such a gotcha term here. Fana herself is an A rank adventurer and a candidate for S rank. Raid assuming that she's useless doesn't mean that she doesn't have the skill to back up her rank, just that she can't boost up 3 dead weight members on her own. She is merely trying to find someone of comparable skill level to party with for S rank, which she now knows that Shin fits the bill. She's pragmatic, looking for ability and skill first. Trust is something that would come later. I mean, would you want to party up with someone that you had to babysit the entire time? I doubt it.

No, these girls are blameless. In fact, I would even lay SOME (very small percent) of the blame on Shin himself for not explaining and experimenting with his skills more. He literally only used them to boost his companions, which made them overconfident in their own powers (and possibly stop training on their own).
It is an assumption, but it not like it can't be legit. Again, they chose to stay with Raid. If they really cared for Shin (and they do, it's clear), they should have left Raid and go with Shin, even if it meant starting from scratch again. At that point,what could a lone Raid, without buff, do? Send his D-C rank goons against an A-rank trio? Or follow them during quests to mess with them...when he runs away from goblins?

And about Fana, again, it's my assumption, yes...but an S-rank prospect Sage that is looking for a party to reach S-rank...
No party, no offensive spells...
If she was a good healer or buffer, her old party would have kept her with them. Ok, this was a stretched assumption, but going for S-rank and not having a party is a tiny bit sus.
Sure she can be pragmatic, and I also wouldn't choose to be a babysitter in an adventuring scenario...but personally I also wouldn't suck the dick of the S-ranker to get carried.

In conclusion, you're free to say they are blameless, as I'm free to imagine and say that things could have gone differently.

Dex-chan lover
I do very much appreciate how the new girl stepped up and kick the actual trash to the curb. However, seeing as this part came and went so quickly? I wouldn't be surprised to see this ass hole coming back to ruin their day in revenge. Typical narcissistic behavior - whenever a narcissist has their pride wounded, they make it their mission in life to get revenge on you.

As for the girls... Yeah, they were definitely being led on by Raid. I don't really hold them at blame at all. But, at the same time, I do agree with the MC's current take - he doesn't really need them anymore. In fact, it could be easily be construed as them wanting to ride on his coat tails.

Granted, there is no real replacement for having warm bodies on the line-up, and especially so if they have any degree of competence whatsoever. Sure, MC can solo S-level quests, but what about impossible feats that are only spoken of in legends? That's what you need a party for, even if the other party members abilities are dwarfed by their leader's abilities.

That said, I feel they're going about it all wrong. Sure, big mommy milkers are compelling. But if I were the MC, I'd be like, "Is that so? Tempting, but no. How about you three go fix that bad rep you got for failing all those quests, first, and then we'll talk. After all, I'd feel bad if any of you got hurt taking on more than you can handle. </s>"

Double-page supporter
Tbf, it's not that he appeared weaker, he was. Because he was buffing the other 3 instead of himself.

Now, about Nina and Lena...that's just the usual "for the sake of plot" imo: you're worried for his well-being, so you send him to the unknonw on his own because your party leader said so? What if he joins a random party and dies during a quest? Did leaving him on his own save him?
Those 2 choose fame over him saying it was for his best, when if they really cared for him, they would have stayed with him, either banishing raid or leaving the party. More so when, iirc, Raid was the last member to join.

About Fana....well, she got scammed. That's crystal clear. She was presented a rank A going for S party, but found a rank C party.
But the moment she realizes Shin is actually the strongest, she starts plotting to legit use him.
Sure, adventuring is a risky job, but a trusty teammate goes longer than riding tailcoats. Even more when she (as of now) didn't bring anything to the party (as for Raid words).
And from chapter 1, we already know what her plan is

So, even if that's what the story is about and adding that Raid is scum with most of the faults, these 3 girls aren't just victims.
if I read the chapter correctly the mage girl was not just aware of the fact Raid was actively putting him in danger but was further threatened by him that if she tried to stop it or take Shin away and run away then they would hunt them down no matter where they went so her staying i don't think was for the fame and was more under threat.

Dex-chan lover
if I read the chapter correctly the mage girl was not just aware of the fact Raid was actively putting him in danger but was further threatened by him that if she tried to stop it or take Shin away and run away then they would hunt them down no matter where they went so her staying i don't think was for the fame and was more under threat.
Yes, that's true.
In fact, I'm not shifting all the blame on the girls. Being scared is a normal reaction and the author chose to go that way.
But what I'm saying is that a lot of things could also have gone wrong with that. As I said, what if after leaving the party, the "weak" Shin died for some other cause? That could have happened, no?
And even if they didn't realize that they were strong only because of Shin's buffs, leaving Raid alone and going with Shin would give them the number advantage, since Raid's friends are just bar goons. And still, Shin would have taken back the buffs on Raid, reducing him to a weak C-rank.

And I'm not trying to force my point, I'm just trying to point at the story weak points in wanting to state that the girls are just victims.
Besides, it's not even the focus point of the story, because it's all about bakunyuu lol.

Double-page supporter
Yes, that's true.
In fact, I'm not shifting all the blame on the girls. Being scared is a normal reaction and the author chose to go that way.
But what I'm saying is that a lot of things could also have gone wrong with that. As I said, what if after leaving the party, the "weak" Shin died for some other cause? That could have happened, no?
And even if they didn't realize that they were strong only because of Shin's buffs, leaving Raid alone and going with Shin would give them the number advantage, since Raid's friends are just bar goons. And still, Shin would have taken back the buffs on Raid, reducing him to a weak C-rank.

And I'm not trying to force my point, I'm just trying to point at the story weak points in wanting to state that the girls are just victims.
Besides, it's not even the focus point of the story, because it's all about bakunyuu lol.
While I can agree the thief girl has a weak stance my point is that the mage girl was threatened specifically of she went with him that they would be hunted down by Raid and/or people hired by Raid and not necessarily Raid's drunk friends and also that would happen if there was even a wiff of her not being down with the banishment as such discussing things further could lead to that outcome. Also it's not like the mage girl was even aware of who would be sent after them as she seemed unaware of his drinking friends until the sage tells them about them.

MD@Home
Surprised Shin actually told then to go kick rocks, good on him for finally realizing his worth.

Not that it matters much, though, since we all know he's about to get smothered in bakunyuu 6 ways from Sunday. And really, ain't that what we're all here for?

Thanks for the translation!

Users who are viewing this thread