Bastard

Official english version here: http://www.webtoons.com/en/thriller/bastard/list?title_no=485

It's good stuff.

This is some good shit well worth it for the ending. Read it on the official site here https://www.webtoons.com/en/thriller/bastard/list?title_no=485&page=10
I highly recommend it, its a murder thriller alright. It will make you want to cheer for the MC despite him being a serial killer.

Never really cheered for the dad, and i read when it was still ongoing.

But yeah, it was good, it was thrilling, and the art was decent. It's currently free to read on LINE webtoons (same as several other gems or near-gems*), so if you like that kind of thing you should probably check it out.

*UnTouchable
Tower of God
Westwood Vibrato
UndeadEd
Dead Days
Subtle Disaster
Studio Salty (or any other Omyo webtoon)
Melvina's Therapy
Dr Frost

...and other stuff that i'm probably not aware of.

One of the best series I've ever read and the ending absolutely blew me away. Strongly recommend reading it (hosted on the official scans, linked further below).

good lord u cant even read this hardly anywhere anymore.. even webtoons got rip of pretty all the chaps the hell?

Dex-chan lover
if you have doubts about starting this like i did, then have no doubts. This is good

Double-page supporter
Masterpiece... I got almost got heart attacks from the suspension and at the end of like each chapter there's a cliffhanger (not all chapters but most) which makes want to read more. I hope they make this into anime like Tower of God.

Fed-Kun's army
This is my favorite horror psychological manhwa!!! Definitely worth the read! 10/10!!!

This lowly reader cannot forget the strong impression this work left. However, this lowly reader is embarrassed, as most of the content consumed of this work has fled from this lowly reader’s mind. Perhaps this lowly reader will once again peruse this work.

If you want to read the all the chapters in english, i recommend mangakakalot. It's also on webtoons but only the first 10 chapters are for free. I definitely recommend this. It's one of the best manga/ mahnwa/ manhua/ webtoon iv'e ever read. Definitely one of my favourites. 10/10 for me bois!

Gotta correct something - actually you can still read it all for free on webtoons, but they have it set to "daily pass." That means you can't binge it for free.

You can read the first 10 chapters or so in one go to see if you want to keep reading, but after that you get one free chapter per day (which you can continue to access for free for 2 weeks). But you have to pay to read more chapters in one day.

It's definitely frustrating if you're used to bingeing, but much preferable to an old-fashioned paywall.

That said, this really was amazing. Now that Sweet Home is completed, I might start rereading Bastard.... One day at a time lol. The story is great, the characters are compelling, and the art is good too. But more than that, I'm in it for the actual story-telling structure.

The author, Kim Carnby has several other stories that are worth checking out. I've been a fan ever since Hanged Doll (despite the terrible scanlations... Hopefully Death Toll continues the re-do!), and I feel like with every story he improves *something.* Whether it's cutting between different character perspectives, or using long stretches of the background to fade in or out, or using multiple panels to show a small moment of tension. Carnby and Youngchan Hwang really do a fantastic job *telling* the story here. I hope they'll work together again soon. I'm a Carnby fangirl, but credit where credit is due- the art here is great.

Anyway..... Check out Kim Carnby and team getname's older works too: Hanged Doll, Superior Day, and Meloholic to name a few... They're good stuff. And Be Heun if you want more of Youngchan Hwang's art! :p

Users who are viewing this thread