Battle in 5 Seconds After Meeting

How the hell did you figure out that it wasn't someone else's ability that saved him there? I'm sick of these "so smart" people in many stories figuring whatever plot needs them to figure out, out of nowhere.

@DANDAN_THE_DANDAN yeh I'd recommend it, the mc is the genius type, (kinda like Kira in death note but less crazy and cold hearted). The side characters are somewhat likeable and the premise is interesting. I'd give it a chance if I were you.

@ikemen isn't Usogui older?

I mean there is a big difference in plot and Usogui is Seinen. Not saying all the time but, Shounen usually trumps Seinen, and is a more widespread manga genre.

So maybe that's why I like both though.

I don't know why but after reading so much manga, this kind of manga kinda irritates me. Not sure why

Contributor
Well, i finally decided to buy this manga, because of Btooom ending and soon Real account as well, i need my dose of death game manga.
20190625-204542.jpg

As usual, thanks to the scanlator team (Helvetica Scans here) to translate this and make this serie a little more popular, and to let people like me get a free sample before buying, or not, the books.

(Rin best girl)

Dex-chan lover
This type of MC is kinda refreshing, he thinks like 90 moves ahead

Wonder how he'll deal with the inevitable conflict with the girl over morals or another girl or something he probably doesnt care too much about lol

Spoiler for Chapter 25, but if you've read it, then this is what he should've done:

1) Ask girl to believe that his power is "The ability to create anything"
2) Create a copy of himself with his memories
3) Have his copy believe that he has the power to create and give people abilities
4) Give his copy the ability to see and change other people's abilities
5) Have his copy change his ability from "Sophist" to "Omnipotent", so that he basically becomes a god
6) Absorb his copy into himself so that their consciousness's and memories merge
7) Destroy all other abilities (Cus of the copy girl)
8) Win everything

The reason I included the step to "Make a copy of himself" instead of just telling the girl, is because the girl would probably be really suspicious of him if he asked her to change his ability to ""Omnipotent". And the reason I had him create a clone of himself instead of just immediately changing his ability, is because if he changed his ability immediately, it could potentially backfire with him only getting a partial ability, or losing his ability completely. And the reason why he should absorb his clone's consciousness and memories, is because his clone would be very dangerous and would also not want to die, so by merging together, it quells any sort of backlash as the clone still kinda exists.

I thought he was supposed to be some kind of logic master, why hasn't he thought of this? XD

@Tyco2003
Because it's still a game. All ability users are under heavy watch so it's understandable that they'd have some sort of contingency plan incase of a wielder going rouge. He might try something like that and get immediately crushed by the people who are running the game.

@Kirarxe
But then why doesn't he at least change his power so that it'd be more powerful in the long run? E.g The power to become completely invulnerable. By keeping his "Sophist" power, he's endangering himself and increasing his chances of dying, like, if someone other than the 2 girls figures out how his power works, or even that his real power isn't the ability to turn his arm into a cannon, they could corner him and kill him off before he gets too powerful.

@tyco2003
That's explained, even if someone finds out about how his power works, as long as hes with someone who believes his power is cannon, he'll have cannon.
While it's not fully explained, I'm guessing the reason why he focuses on cannon so much is that it was the first ability that he was subject to. Also, just because he's invulnerable, doesn't mean he wouldn't feel pain, or be capable of dealing with someone, say like 'the ability to make swords that can cut anything', unstoppable force versus immovable wall.

It's also showing that he's still exploring his ability as well, he might not have had the idea as of yet, that if someone believes I'm invincible, then I'll be invincible.

@Kirarxe
But that's the thing isn't it? If he isn't with someone who believes his power is the cannon and the enemy figures out his ability (Which is essentially what's happening right now), then he'd basically be a sitting duck. If anything, he should have at least stuck some kind of protective ability onto his "Sophist" ability, so that he'd at least be able to defend himself in a dire situation. I mean, imagine you were in his position, and you also somehow survived up until chapter 25 (Cus that's basically impossible for people like us XD), wouldn't YOU do something about your power?

I'm not a fan with the fanservice but I rarely get shounen battles that can make me addicted.
There is a plot. The conflict is clear and not repetitive. The mood setting is good, too. All characters want to think, there is a deepening of the elaboration of strength.
One doesn't sink the other user too much but still gives the impression who among them is strong with the conditions installed.
I understand why this has a good sales because it's quite interesting --when compared to the others, of course, this is ok.

Fed-Kun's army
gawdamn it, just tell your allies that you can one punch all your opponent and your good to go.

This arc is so fucking long. I unfortunately find it boring. How many more chapters til it ends?

Users who are viewing this thread