BE BLUES ~Ao ni Nare~ - Vol. 30 Ch. 292 - Everything on the Line...

@Seb4sti4n you don't pay much attention to the TL notes do you? Clearly stated they have already translated over 400 chapters just need help for a lot of the other work like typesetting and redrawing.

Yuuto missed

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

@Ribath what happened a lot ? You mean elapses ? Yes but you dont skip the event that you've been hyping for 150 chapters

man, what a time skip, from a hard long (chap wise) match to gettin to nat'ls and losing and bam.....kinda adachi-esque but still kinda abrupt for be blues, thought it could've been handled a bit better.

I mean, I am sure that we will have at least some kind of explicative flashbacks or flashes/trauma. I mean, that is impossible to sweep it like that. But, I sincerely hope we will have at least an explanation about the team they lose to. I mean, was a player injured? a red card? Anyway, let's see and I am sure Ryu has enough girls for finding comfort! 😇

@Dysp it's already been hinted a lot that they were going to lose this, specially with the Moroboshi thing so there isn't a reason to drag it on. I think it was a pretty nice way to deliver it, leaves an impact. As people have said, things will probably be better explained through flashbacks. Hell, I think they might even lose on 2nd year on semifinals or finals just so they win with Moroboshi on 3rd year. He'll probably face Tatsuhiko (or what was his name) on the finals or someone else will beat Tatsuhiko and THAT will be his opponent.

Well that was unexpected. But that's the reality of the game, you can be the best team in the world but if you lose one you're out.
Great work, really curious to see where this is going

Power Uploader
@Blu7
what does the "flower crown" on page 16 mean?

it's a shimekazari. a new year decoration in Japan.

Why did they lose and why did they skip it?
1. this manga is about ichijou ryuu's growth. getting to the nationals is a big deal for his arc and winning the whole thing in his first year when he has holes in his game, doesn't have sakuraba playing at his full potential, has a new coach and new playstyle, etc. means this is as far as he gets as he is right now. the author has no incentive to draw out scenes that don't directly relate to his growth. consider ryuu's end goal too. for other manga, their goal is to win the nationals. for ryuu, everything is but a stepping stone for his dream to go pro and become a japanese representative. they would be wasting a lot of time by drawing two or more national tournaments when it is just a milestone for him. whether he ultimately wins one or not, there will likely only be one national tournament drawn.

2. a good mangaka knows how to subvert expectations. people were drawing comparisons to the plot developments of ace no diamond and this manga earlier. the mangaka is aware of what other contemporary mangaka are doing. his job is to subvert what you expect and avoid things that other manga have already done to engage his audience. he did a great job with that this time. a sports manga set in school has a lot of tradition and has been tread on countless times. a sports manga will not succeed if it doesn't offer anything new in comparison to those before. that doesn't mean throwing curve balls all the time is a good thing. the reading experience becomes jarring and alienates readers.

@ribath I dont mind them losing I was expecting it but at least show the games we've been waiting for this for so long, I dont understand where your theory for Moroboshi came from but ok to be honest I completly forgot him but why not.

@gintamacountry. Thanks.

Yeah, you are right. I (we?) have the tendency to forget that the title of the manga is "Be blues" (referring to the jersey color of the Japan national team) and that even the first color page was directly about that (funny enough, Sakuraba was already turning his back 🤣). This is true that Ryu has higher expectations. I really wonder if the author plans to do a bit like in the manga "Major". We will see!

@gintamacountry
That is a very good point that you made. One that I didn't realize until you pointed it out. This manga is about Ryuu's growth as a player: from being the vessel of Japan's future, to him having to overcome his drastic injury, to his newfound success whilst in high school. All of this is development for him to achieve his goal of become a National Representative. I believe that the author made the right choice in letting Busuo lose despite the hype that was being played. The author had written a bunch of chapters with the Sewaidai match, so I thought a change of pace was needed. The early loss was definitely surprising, but well thought out. In the end, this loss will help with further the growth of Ryuu, and is even foreshadowed in the last panels of this chapter.

lpe

Seems like ryuu missed and they lost?

I hope he won't let it get it into his head. Even the best players sometimes miss.
You cannot always be at the top, otherwise, we wouldn't call it the top.
Cheer up Ryu!

This was incredible. Although I'm sad they lost, I liked how the mangaka breezed right through this match. It was an interesting change of pace, and subverted expectations.

Users who are viewing this thread