BE BLUES ~Ao ni Nare~ - Vol. 30 Ch. 292 - Everything on the Line...

@Dysp I agree with everything you've pointed out. They hyped up nationals by making it a team goal, and also mentioned that this will be the 3rd years first and last time being able to go. The mangaka could have showed us one match, or at least, showed us the team going to the field and getting their thoughts and monologues about finally making it that far, finally playing on a national stage. I wanted to see them revel in that glory for a little while longer and watch them soak everything in; all of the new things they would have seen while facing the pressure to excel in front of a bigger crowd, etc.

All of that anticipation and hype was suddenly skipped, it was so jarring that I got whiplash. And it doesn't sit right with me at all. I actually don't appreciate how this was told in the least, and would have preferred more. If the mangaka didn't want to drag it out, that's fine, but I still think showing at least one match would have been enough to suffice and satisfy the readers. This appears lazy and uninspired compared to everything the mangaka has done thus far, and I'm quite baffled by this change.
Unfortunately, there isn't much we can do as readers, we just have to move on while grumbling.

Dex-chan lover
Dang. Really loved the curveball here. We all anticipated the nationals to be as drawn out as the previous stage but nope. Out in the first round. And Ryou even missed his penalty as well. Must be tough on him. Hope the mentality monster inside him pushes him to be stronger and better.

Brilliant stuff! Reality hit hard like a truck!
Came as a shock to us readers, almost in a similar vein to the jarring shock the Busou team's players would have felt going out in the early rounds of the nationals!

Fed-Kun's army
As much as I would've liked to see Busou's retiring match, the fact of the matter is that the focal point of the story is Ryu and his growth, it's his generation that will boast the true performance at nationals, even if it was crucial for the third years, we'll see Ryu, Nabeken, Yuuto and even Sakuraba grow from this loss hopefully. Having experience nationals is also important since freshers will never make to the further rounds. So as much as I had seen this coming, the instant of their loss came much harder than I anticipated since the author left out the match and only showed the after effects, it was that much more impactful, a long drawn out match whose outcome we knew wouldn't have done this manga justice so I thought it was a good decision to be done with quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread