BE BLUES ~Ao ni Nare~

hi guys, do we know if Tanaka sensei is back from the hiatus? Was a chapter published in Japan this week?

Dex-chan lover
Did we at least know what happened? It was due to the pandemic or something different?

every time I open up my follows page in hopes to see a new chapter, but its just an older chapter in a different language 😔

Fed-Kun's army
@revara Hahaha as the note at the end of the chapter says, scanlation work on early chapters isn't great so we hope that our version of chap 1 helps to not discourage new readers

Well, for whoever didn't know (and still asking questions), you're welcome.

Fed-Kun's army
@Blu7 Yeah, thanks for putting the update here so that others can see it. Didn't mean to come off as rude in case I did

So, from early leaks, the hiatus is indeed due to COVID. They were initially planning to just slow down the publication, but finally decided to shut it dow when it ramped up in order to avoid spreading to staff and family. He drew that one-shot alone. But unfortunately...still no return date indicated for Be blues.

Power Uploader
"We are currently working towards resuming the manga and we'll announce the resumption date in the magazine once it's been decided. We have kept you waiting. Thank you for your patience."
from the editor of Be Blues. https://twitter.com/Domoto_Sunday/status/1288382326695583744

A translation of Tanaka Motoyuki's Announcement
tanaka.jpg

wooo! at least the manga hasn’t been dropped entirely. it would suck not to have a proper conclusion after 400+ chapters lol

What an excellent manga. Other than how good the main characters were as kids, it's probably the most realistic sports manga about soccer that's been made. Well, other than the main character not having a GF despite being a stud sportsman, that's probably rather unlikely as well, but it makes the narrative more interesting. 9.5/10, but upped to 10/10 since they don't do the sports management cliche of whole volumes for one game in a tournament, or even really a tournament per volume. The pace is high for time passing, which makes it feel a lot more real. It makes it feel like a super-close documentary about their lives, rather than the usual hyper-close super drawn-out narrative you get in other sports mangas. If you don't know anything about soccer, I'd say it might be a little bit of a tough read, but I would still recommend trying it out. Looking for a similar in feel manga? I'd try All-Rounder Meguru for the same close but not dragging style of narrative, although that manga relies much more heavily on humor, compared to this one.

@BrotherToBattle I don't know if you played much football in your youth but growing up in Spain i can guarantee you that there were kids even better than sakuraba and ichijou, maybe not on the creative side but they didn't need it, they coud drible through anybody, in particular I remember a guy who played for FCBarcelona, and I think that the level that Ichijou and Sakuraba show when they are young is about fine

Users who are viewing this thread