BEASTARS - Vol. 14 Ch. 118 - A Machine Gun Without Ammo

Dex-chan lover
@22ryu all the bizarre, over the top things that have happened in this manga and this is the one that makes you drop it? Must have never read Nisio Isin or Gabriel Gaecia Márquez before I assume

Dex-chan lover
Legosi has a serious problem with harming himself in a very depressing way.

Double-page supporter
bit masochist, but a helluva badass for Legosi to assert himself against that psycho-jerk

I hope he implants some metal or even golden teeth, it would be pretty cool... Well, not so much actually, but it's still better than being toothless.

Dex-chan lover
NOOO I'M GOING TO MISS IS TOOTHY SILLY GRIN!!
Many thanks

So, uh
With no anesthetic and no proper tools, I'm going to guess he didn't get to the "root" of the problem, either.
Ha ha...ha...

I'll be here all week, reliving wisdom tooth extraction PTSD.

Loooooordy, Legosi, you have no idea what kind of pain train you've booked a first class ticket to.

Damn, our cinnamon roll is hardcore, just 'alright I'll grovel, but I'm gonna tear my teeth out too.'
Wonder how Sabun and Zaguān are gonna react?
Like others have said, gonna miss that toothy grin, suppose we'll have to make do with Juno.
---
Also, while I am quite excited about the TV adaption, and I have full faith in the studio's capability with fluid animation, I am a bit sad that (from what I've seen) we will lose out a bit on the general fluff of the characters. (What with 3d animation not handling furry things well.)

Dex-chan lover
so....what now? I remember when that carnivore ripped off a herbivore's hand on the play,I thought it was something biiiiig ,a huge thing that's going to change a lot of things on the plot,but 2 chapters after that everything went back to normal,the herbivore got his hand attached and the carnivore apologized.So I think I won't make a big deal of what happened now

Dex-chan lover
God, Legosi is such an amazing character.

I always get a bit confused when I read comments on manga that have 3 dimensional or at least not really flat, non-progressing characters. Like, people somehow get disappointed that a character may have an incorrect belief or continue to believe something that is obviously hurting them or a character who believes in something great but uses very wrong means to go about doing it...but it's like...I don't understand how people can't understand that's the point. "But that's a dumb belief!" Well...yes! That's the point! They have flaws so that conflict can occur and that they're not just a flat character who doesn't exist as a "person" but as a mouthpiece for an author or a static and unchanging person. "But can't Yafya see this is hypocritical?" NO! He can't! That's what makes it compelling. We're looking at things from an observer perspective, we're supposed to see all these things but we're also supposed to see that THEY can't. They don't have our omniknowledge or information or perspective.

Much like in real life, all of us are flawed, all of us have things that we are too close to clearly see. Think how many times you look back at a situation in hindsight and go "Fuck, that was dumb of me, I really should have done this" but in the moment you were absolutely sure of yourself. And this is a manga comment section, look how many self aware jokes we all make about being sad or lonely or all these other things but we still do them or don't change.

I honestly think with how much there is a focus on Legosi's self-harm and hatred that there really is going to be a strong need for him to actually love himself which seems to be hinted at a number of times.

Don't wanna sound bitchy but Legosi pullin his teeth out.....kinda made my opinion of this manga drop. I hope there's a cool comeback to save it

Dex-chan lover
A quick research may help to ease the pain

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Komodo_dragon#Description
The Komodo dragon has a tail as long as its body, as well as about 60 frequently replaced, serrated teeth that can measure up to 2.5 cm (1 in) in length

@OniBarubary
Man, if I could like your comment, I would. Nicely put.

@Renard
Interesting, thanks for the link. Might also explain why Legosi seems to have more canines than he ought to.
(eeyyyy)

Users who are viewing this thread