BEASTARS - Vol. 18 Ch. 153 - Howl of the Losing Dogs: A Fine Melody

Dex-chan lover
LOL phew so he only wants to chop onions to promote his tear glands to work. But dude... Jake was carrying around a knife this entire time......
Many thanks

Supporter
@YyAoMmIi I think "dogs are the smartest" is another of the example of the author taking liberties with biology. IRL I don't think dogs even make the top 5 smartest; even if we exclude dolphins and octopi for being aquatic, you've still got elephants, crows, chimps, parrots, raccoons...

Found a fitting soundtrack for the next chapter https://youtu.be/KNVo3VqjL0Q?t=18
Next on the news is how chimp aristocracy created the shadow government, conduct wierd social experiments and put chemicals in the water to make the freaking dogs smart.

Finally chapter that focus on Jack! I almost think he's not gonna be an important side character because how long we must wait for this chapter.

Dex-chan lover
@Swagner Yeah I mean it makes sense what with "dogs in beastars were apparently bred too, but if you think about it they weren't bred in the same way as in our world" so I suppose their intelligence was bred differently in the same way their entire bodies aren't like real earth dogs.

Which essentially means it's an ass pull just because, but I suppose I'm not against the idea of 'animals on earth that were domesticated also being a bit different in that world'. Curious what all the actual breeding of dogs in Beastars world even was, but doubt it's the kinda thing that'd ever get covered... then again.

The funniest part of this chapter is just legosi forcing his hand down Jack's throat to take out the onion, if you've ever had a dog that part is so fucking familiar

I know most people don't really give a shit, but i hate misinformation spreading. Humans did not breed dogs into existence and dogs did not evolve directly from wolves. Dogs and wolves were a divergent evolution; they evolved from a similar ancestor. Its similar to humans; we didn't evolve from apes we evolved from a similar ancestor.

Dex-chan lover
I think it's less that dogs are "the smartest" per se and more that they are the easiest to teach to do whatever you want. So of course the top five are dogs because the govt can just train them essentially whereas other smart animals might not just accept what is given to them.

Tho now I do want to see octopuses in this world

Dex-chan lover
This series has always taken some liberties with animal history/biology. Jack is a Good Boy.

it's hard to tell if the author is taking liberties or if Jack is being told false information. remember, everything Jack thinks is what he's been told/brainwashed into believing, he's not a reliable source of information about this society.

Users who are viewing this thread