BEASTARS - Vol. 18 Ch. 154 - Jack-sensei's History Classroom

Double-page supporter
I wonder if humans will ever get mixed in all this universe, just like in splatoon. Would be amazing

I think the key to world peace in this world is to stop being so sensitive about death and killing for food. The land animals are so sensitive about each others feelings that it just makes co existing really difficult. Having a complex brain is pretty optional to survival. Yeah life animals had a pretty 'inferior' way of life but if their species were still thriving its not really a problem now is it? Beastars is really cool but also gives me existencial dread.

Dex-chan lover
You know i love whales, so having a whale being the one that stops the war and becomes the dark leader behind their society is cool and all.

But i don't see why that was controversial for Jack, to the point that it gave him depression, at least he was not lying saying that a big whale appeared and the war ended just like that sounds hard to believe since it doesn't actually tells you why the war would end with that, he makes it sound as if it was just the sheer sight of an animal being whale sized what made them stop.

It also doesn't tell you much about the real story, i feel like we didn't learn much from these revelations, other than the existent of a really big player behind the scenes.

@Sayori-chii Except Jack explicitly said that they weren't thriving. Their culture was stagnant and their population growth was low. Basically on the verge of just underbreeding to extinction.

Fed-Kun's army
@Sayorii-chii Its basically a mirror of own own society but with a different perspective. Its supposed to make you uncomfortable due to the similarities.

"The land animals are so sensitive about each others feelings that it just makes co existing really difficult." People being sensitive about each others feelings that it makes co existing difficult is quite literally the sum of all the wests current political problems.

@Doomroar I think this is just the tip of the iceberg. I mean, there’s implications about eugenics judging by the existence of dogs.

Double-page supporter
What's the purpose of a secret history known to a few select students if they're allowed to tell people about it?

And at the third year of war
The Great Whale cometh from the deep
And the Great Whale said a Word
And the Word was
Wololo

Damn, I am confused as hell: do I make Deus Ex jokes, or do I search texts of 36 Lessons of Vivec and rewrite those to be more whale-themed. It's an important decision, blast it.

Double-page supporter
you can't just show me a guy in a cactus suit and not elaborate

Dex-chan lover
I'M FALLING. YOU'RE FALLING. WE'RE FALLING!! ...A WHAAAALE!!

All I could think of was Kung Pow at the end.

No, no, clearly the whale's words were
Er, excuse me, who am I?

Hello?

Why am I here? What’s my purpose in life?

What do I mean by who am I?

Calm down, get a grip now … oh! this is an interesting sensation, what is it? It’s a sort of … yawning, tingling sensation in my … my … well I suppose I’d better start finding names for things if I want to make any headway in what for the sake of what I shall call an argument I shall call the world, so let’s call it my stomach.

Good. Ooooh, it’s getting quite strong. And hey, what’s about this whistling roaring sound going past what I’m suddenly going to call my head? Perhaps I can call that … wind! Is that a good name? It’ll do … perhaps I can find a better name for it later when I’ve found out what it’s for. It must be something very important because there certainly seems to be a hell of a lot of it. Hey! What’s this thing? This … let’s call it a tail – yeah, tail. Hey! I can can really thrash it about pretty good can’t I? Wow! Wow! That feels great! Doesn’t seem to achieve very much but I’ll probably find out what it’s for later on. Now – have I built up any coherent picture of things yet?

No.

Never mind, hey, this is really exciting, so much to find out about, so much to look forward to, I’m quite dizzy with anticipation …

Or is it the wind?

There really is a lot of that now isn’t it?

And wow! Hey! What’s this thing suddenly coming towards me very fast? Very very fast. So big and flat and round, it needs a big wide sounding name like … ow … ound … round … ground! That’s it! That’s a good name – ground!

I wonder if it will be friends with me?
...Or something to that effect.

Double-page supporter
Translator you didn't have to translate all of the notes on the wall, but I'm glad you did.

lets put an end to this war cause a whale that is have the size of a real one showed up.

let that sink in for a minute

Users who are viewing this thread