BEASTARS - Vol. 18 Ch. 156 - Though the Time Bomb Was Quietly Ticking Away

@Piratehat
And then Melon will give another sad part of his sob story, and then get away again when Legosi gets distracted once again.
Bloody fsck he has Joker levels of Plot Armor.

Dex-chan lover
Melon is this manga's equivalent to the joker. He gets the same reactions from me too, namely, "put a muzzle on him and\or kill him you lazy fucks".

Group Leader
Discord community link. Come for the fun discussion, release pings, special unreleased omake, side stories, leaks and stuffs.

https://discord.gg/Xv7sMEP or https://discord.gg/Beastars

Time for my usual Chapter review

Ibuki tombstone says Lion Glass. But 130 ending shows Dolph wearing glasses…

What’s wrong with BAM having good ettiquette?

Hum, No Okamigumi that we saw at the end of ch 90?

Why exactly does the torch get weaker? Paru need to actually explain this instead of magic it away… I don’t get why blood affect this

Why are all the Inarigumi females? No male red foxes?
Shishigumi keep Melon as boss after the whole thing with Agata and Legoshi? This will not bore well.

RIP Dolph. The 2nd Lion to bond with Legoshi [first being Miguel]

Group Leader
This chapter is not from HCS, but I was told of this:

typesetting is really good, translation is pretty accurate, but the wordings are bit confusing

Same person that did that 151 snipe [where the r/Beastars only plans to release on sunday]. However, better quality this time since Cover is first page, and title is actually translated

Dex-chan lover
Oh hell no. Melon better not kill all of the lion bros. The Shishigumi are the best side characters aside from the canine dorm.

@Duralumin thank you, and sorry for any mistakes! this is the second time i've ever actually translated/typeset manga myself (and i was up really late trying to finish it all haha) and i was never the most confident in my jp, so i'm disappointed but not surprised there's still mistakes. felt like my jp, but moreso my grasp of english and writing dialogue, was just barely good enough to get this out while unsatisfied with the r/beastars discord's text translations and past typesetting (which i also went to offer help with and was declined). it would definitely help a lot if i had another translator to work with (so HEYYYY HCS PLS RESPOND AND LET'S WORK SOMETHING OUT P-PLS ;_;) thank you for the advice though!

@Excelsior i think i said this in the last "snipe" but as someone who has never been involved in scanlating as a community it is legitimately a foreign concept to me that people get possessive over/chase clout/fame over translating mangoes. i don't care to link this to me, it's all up as /a/nonymous because i count myself as doing the translations for them to share and stir up some discussion in the threads. i would like to be able to work with HCS too!!

@YyAoMmIi thanks for the feedback!

Dex-chan lover
@Enderzone Nah, just tear off his limbs. His real strength is his capacity to move WHILE talking shit. Take away his ability to move, and his shittalking turns useless.

Fed-Kun's army
@lordnos Probably just overworked. From what I understand they are translating the anime as well. I don't even think official subs even exist yet due to the dumb way netflix handles anime releases on their platform.

@YyAoMmIi meaby because they are not eating meat, remember Melon is only letting them eat meat once a month, so they might not have the same smell because the lack of meat

That was a straight up GEYSER of blood, holy hell! I really don't think Dolph's gonna be alive after that.

Can this half breed piece of shit be brought in for justice yet? Jesus christ.

Fed-Kun's army
This whole Melon in Shishigumi arc is dumb. He should be an episodic character and then disappear. Now, he appears more than Louis and Legosi. Losing my faith in the story.

Thanks for the translation though.

Not a complaint as I’m grateful for the update, but I wanted to let @chokie know that I’ve heard that sometimes “official” fan translators will give up and stop uploading if someone else takes over. I’m not here to defend or attack that stance, I just wanted to share the information.
Thanks again for the work you did on this update.

(Edit: I apologize for not reading the rest of the comments beforehand. I see that this has already more or less been brought up by others)

(Fuck yeah, Melon. Be the nasty bastard you were born to be)

Users who are viewing this thread