BEASTARS - Vol. 19 Ch. 164 - A Drop Of Asura's Tear

After all this time, we're finally reaching the end of the Melon arc, even if it was told to us rather anticlimactically compared to the Riz arc. Ah well, let's hope the Melon remains the Shishigumi boss, I like that guy.

Man, that's god tier poison! It's so poisonous that it got it wrong and turned alien acid!

@kokorodile
venoms are parenteral poisons produced by animals, so calling his venom a poison is right.
though, yes, animal usually refereed as poisonous are animal that you can't eat, while venomous are for animal using poison to attack but can generally be eaten

That isn't fucking poison, that's acid. Komodo dragons have a shit ton of bacteria in their saliva that kills almost everything, it's not really poison, just very effective shit.
But whatever, this manga is a wild ride. Hope Paru drops the Jojo stuff and focuses with Legosi komodo powers if she ever intends to do more shonen stuff.

Fed-Kun's army
@flamfag123 to help clear this up let me impart my knowledge to you and anyone else who is curious.

While it was first believed that Komodo dragons did not have any poison this has been proven false. At first people thought that Komodo dragons had mouths so vile that the bacteria created it's own poison. This is false, they have been witnessed to actually have very good oral hygiene and will spend up to 30 minutes cleaning their mouths after a meal. The reason for this misconception is due to their prey either spending time sitting in gross, stagnant water or fleeing through this water after being attacked by a Komodo dragon. A few years back the skull of a Komodo dragon was x-rayed and found to have toxin glands in the back of their lower jaw. The "poison" that they have is a compound that act as an anticoagulant which keeps the wounds of their prey open. After biting their prey enough the Komodo dragon simply has to follow their prey if they escaped them as the combination of their poison, as well as the shock of the attack and any other outside factors like the stagnant water I mentioned before means that their prey will usually either bleed out, go into shock, or die of infection or hypothermia.

So in the end, yes Komodo dragons do have a form of poison, though one that kills you through the method of bleeding out as it keeps your blood from clotting. The incarnation of it in this manga, while HIGHLY inaccurate is appreciated for it acknowledging the presence of a poison in a Komodo dragon.

Users who are viewing this thread