BEASTARS - Vol. 21 Ch. 183 - Our Own Planetarium

Group Leader
Discord community link. Come for the fun discussion, release pings, special unreleased omake, side stories, leaks and stuffs. https://discord.gg/Beastars

Time for my usual Chapter review.

Marvel Civil War style. I can’t tell if Paru has a special reason for Melon species here [Leopard & Gazelle].

Why is Gosha complaining on how to reach Legoshi? They were on top of the way. Now they ended up on the city size, instead of BAM side where they could have gone towards Legoshi.... Good job on your priorities Gosha….

I wonder if Gosha really never ate meat? If he did not not, he didn’t have the same conflict as Legoshi did with being a Carnivore?

I guess Gosha was too focused on Legoshi that he didn’t realize the scale of the riots that he would be dragged in with it?

Technically Herbivores are meat. Same with Carnivores and all animals.

Page 10 is confusing since it shows Carnivore with teeths out/baring their fang, but what it means is actually using it. The main weapons of a Carnivore are the Fangs and Claws, but it is not at all, so the Carnivore can act as equal to herbivores. Gosha makes a good observation, if they were actually enemies, Carnivores would slaughter them all all [remember war in 154, herbivore population was 3x more, but became equal]

Page 12 is the hardest page to translate & clean ever. But seriously, what other series has a black page been done with?

Black out is a repeat of Ch 32. However, the term used for the Vision is not the same as ch 32 raws.

The blackout is a moment of truth. Everything was in Carnivore control before with holding themselves back, but now it is a crime of opportunity [Just like Legoshi meeting with Haru]. The Carnivore Instincts to kill trigger more at night.

Remember Yahya is called the Black Devil by BAM as noted in ch Ch 116

I love this bold move by Yahya, resulting in a hope. Betting on hope usually turns for the best. Now there are two possibilities. [One] None of the Carnivores take actions. This doesn’t have that much impact as they could be afraid to attack due to Yahya status [same way Shishigumi was afraid to attack Melon in 163 despite number advantage]. [Two] Some of the Carnivore try to attack Yahya, but even more defend him. [Two] would have a bigger impact to show Yahya's efforts, that Carnivores can be protectors as well and he is not alone [that others aside from Gosha would defend].

Ethanoh of Discord server explained, but people claimed Louis speech caused more Problem in 182 with the riot, but Gosha comments say otherwise. See how in 164, Due to Melon’s Influence, Carnivores were going to do something, say restart the war. However, the tension was relieved by Louis, starting early on the terms of BOTH sides [reactions of both Herbivore and Carnivore, instead of Carnivore surprise attack]. Legoshi and Louis are doing a two front attack to counter Melon really. Louis actually addressed both sides equally unlike Melon saying Carnivores are Superior.

Before I give my chapter rating, let me explain myself: I’m a big fan of hype & hope events, and I take everything as a whole. While most people would give this chapter a low/average rating, I would rate this as a 4.5/5 or round up to 5/5. My Reasoning: major Plot development for Yahya. Hope for society, a major counter of Melon plan.

Oh no, we are on a ship war! Lets ship ourselfs for the sake of this city!

Dex-chan lover
Anyone else feel like the carnivores seem to be better people than the herbivores?

See, now this is the kind of filler/extra chapters that feel more at home when they feel like they add a little extra to the overall world building, societal issues or just bolstering the bonds between characters we know. Like, Kyuu was fun, but then they added absolutely nothing to the third guy in that trio.

Now for my own wishes, I hope they extend the conflict to that of the school itself in some way. Maybe some carnivores making an attack on the drama club, or something of that sort to show how they’re handling the conflict more

Dex-chan lover
Even in the chapter cover the leopard isn't showing his fangs, clever touch.

It's funny how the guy that was so obsessed with his vision, in the moment that he couldn't rely on that decided to bet everything on his old friend's trust.

I'm starting to like Yahya, he really is a more twisted version of how Louis used to be.

Great chapter, I'm looking forward to see how this bet's gonna turn out.

I hope they go more into depths with the riots, because one of the reasons I even picked this up was because of symbolism and it’s politics. But she will not touch on the riots, disappointing? I guess

Dex-chan lover
RACE WAAAAAAAAAR (but not actual war since one side is still restraining)

Users who are viewing this thread