BEASTARS - Vol. 21 Ch. 184 - We Watch the Flowers as They Bloom and Turn Into Ripe Fruit

Dex-chan lover
Yeah. The carnivores are far better people than the herbivores, lol. Or at least far stronger willed.

Got bored of Legosi's 'fight' several chapters ago, though.

Dex-chan lover
Paru is really tryin to maker her own blend of Dolarhyde and Lecter.

I'm gonna take a stab in the dark and say that this development (the whole hand-holding part) was a subconscious move by the carnivores' underlying ancient instincts to protect herbivores (remember Jack's earlier exposition dump about the first meeting between carnivores and herbivores?) This would also explain why the carnivores weren't baring their fangs in front of the herbivores despite being in the middle of what's essentially a race war/riot.
Either that or the herbivores instinctively held on to them as their protectors or in a last-ditch attempt to not be eaten.
If it's neither of those I'll literally tear off my teeth.

Fed-Kun's army
EVERY time HCS goes on an extended break, I say I'm going to wait for them, because I prefer their translations. and then my friends make fun of me, "oh you should just read them now, what's the point in waiting. these new chapters are so exciting, you're really missing out!" and this goes on for weeks. then after a couple months, I give in, thinking this time HCS died for real and there's no point waiting any longer, so I read the worse translations. and EVERY time I do this, just a few days later, HCS comes back from the dead and dumps a million chapters, as if punishing me for me lack of faith.

what I'm trying to say is, guess who just caught up with beastars 4 days ago

Group Leader
Discord community link. Come for the fun discussion, release pings, special unreleased omake, side stories, leaks and stuffs. https://discord.gg/Beastars

Time for my usual Chapter review.

The color page is off since it is half reflecting the current moment, half not. Half with the injuries. Half not due to the clothes

Higher Status = better food to your livestock = better quality meat. This applies in RL as well. It also helps explain Ch 113 is a high class Herbivore.

This is not a case of a perfect crime [Legoshi & Haru first meeting]. By bringing the focus to himself, Yahya made it so carnivore will show their true instincts. If he gets eaten, it prove the carnivore struggles is for naught [how carnivore was holding back in 183]. So they won’t eat him despite their desire. Without his stance, Carnivore could have eaten their fellow herbivore as perfect crime. This is similar to what Legoshi did with Riz, since Riz couldn’t eaten another student till he took care of Legoshi.

How did Legoshi turn his dress back into pants?

Remember Legoshi thrives on violence. Even in the Riz fight, he was on the receiving end before he took a 2nd wind. Legoshi could do maybe 1 good punch at first, but no drive for follow up till he get beat up. He is like Lucario in Smash with the Aura system. Vs Bill, only first hit was the effective one. So unless the enemy fight back, he can’t continue his strength

It is also good to note Legoshi doesn’t care about just or meaning, but just Melon as his future child, as Haru x Legoshi. My view before is all of Legoshi opponents are just reflections of himself, with Melon being his future child. So while he had it enough, he can’t go that strong unless he understand melon
As noted in ch 169, Paru fight choreography sucks. There no way Melon should have escaped Legoshi pinning him down...

I’m not a fan of the double spread, too much hope and not realistic for everyone to hold.hands, and put aside difference. I feel it better that while mostly would not eat Yahya a feel would fall pray. Yet even more would have defendant Yahya….

Then again, by holding hands, they show the herbivore they are safe with the carnivores? Vol 3 omakes did say close contact makes them feel safe.

I also dislike how there is not a big connection between the lights and the BAM side. Yahya actions do not directly impact Legoshi [even though it shows Melon is wrong].

I give this chapter a 7/10, round to ⅗. It feels like execution falls flat

I need to make another post on Melon actions of this chapter.

Users who are viewing this thread