BEASTARS - Vol. 22 Ch. 190 - Be Stars

Dex-chan lover
The truth is that Paru will never be able to make a better ship that Luis x Legosi.

That's the actual couple that will challenge everything on the animal society, it is gay, it is carnivo-herbibovre, it is rich and poor, it is drop out and honor student, it is predator and predated.

Dex-chan lover
Okay last edit with Bane/Louis was actually really fuccen funny and witty.

I dont get what they want to accomplish by destroying the black market... They still need meat, it's not like they will suddenly become vegan by destroying it

@kortik425 I think that's the point: the carnivores destroying the black market is purely symbolic, because they cannot destroy their urge to eat meat. They truly don't want to hurt herbivores, but they cannot escape the feelings they were born with, so they want herbivores to be oblivious to this "ugly" side, and this kind of denial is at the root of a lot of the problems we're shown. But what Legosi and Louis stand for is the idea that their society cannot progress for the better if it continues to look away from notion that carnivores crave meat entirely and therefore not address it in any constructive way, which they know is possible.

Dex-chan lover
No matter how hard Legosi tries, Louis just keeps stealing the best scenes.

Aggregator gang
if you guys are thinking this is stupid, don't worry. it gets even more STUPID next chapter LOL

while this wasn't the greatest chapter, but all the chapters without Melon are still the better ones in this otherwise mediocre arc that has long overstayed it's welcome. It's still better than the final arc of KnY, which was a massive disappointment with it's final arc and ending. With Beastars, I'm guessing the manga won't end right away after this arc is finally over. So I'm hoping it can still have a good ending

Also, LouisxLegoshi are a far better ship than Legoshi and Haru. no one can convince me otherwise. This has nothing to do with the chapter, but Paru could have easily added a gay character in the story. You have the whole taboo with inter species relationships of herbivores and carnivores. Adding a gay character in a extremely hetero-normative society could have been interesting. I wasn't even sure if homosexuality even existed in Paru's lore until that one chapter with the bisexual or lesbian rando fox lady who went to that underground club.

For example, Paru could have made Yahya gay, and secretly in love with Gosha when they were training to become Beastars. Then it would have been an even bigger emotional impact on Yahya when Gosha decided to abandon the Beastar title and marry Legoshi's grandma.

This feels like a final arc sort of chapter which I hope it is because I don't think there's much else this manga can go from this point without making it feel like its getting dragged out.

Users who are viewing this thread