BEASTARS - Vol. 22 Ch. 192 - The Path Of Evil

Double-page supporter
arc was a clusterfuck, mangaka seems more afraid of actually killing off characters. Why not just let legosi fuck up a guy who really, truly, had it coming and wasn't gonna change?

@Minkulus That's pretty much exactly my suspicion as well. Lots of moments that are so out of nowhere that I can only attribute them to editorial interference.

I wish Melon bit more towards the throat instead of the shoulder part. It would have been more viscous looking also more deadly instead of this crap. The guy shot himself twice and has been bleeding for 15 minutes. He is gonna die but it just feels the the horse can survive that as it doesnt actually look he got bit in any lethal places.

Double-page supporter
This manga should wrap up and come to an end in the next few chapters. Horse should die or quit, Legosi and Louis should be crowned the new Beastars, Legosi should be granted his wish to have his criminal record wiped clean, he should marry Haru and Louis should marry What's-Her-Face the Wolf Juno, and the city should usher in a new era of carni/herbi peace and miscegenation. Wham bam, story over, roll credits. Please don't drag this out into another arc.

Dex-chan lover
"i want to taste your other foot" ahaha
the way yafya collapses under melon's weight makes melon look like a leech or some kind of parasite
i didn't expect melon to continue being like this, tbh, i guess it isn't that easy to erase a life-long indoctrination

1. Why the hell is it supposedly a good idea to keep the info from Melon that his dad's perfectly alive? Such news could have easily changed his motivation and at least kept his attention enough to stop dying.
2. Why couldn't they bring him to the nearby Dr. Panda? Or is Dr. Panda not there anymore and I forget something?
3. Ugh, whatever, this manga went from exploring natural distructive impulses to "our REAL instinct was to protect all along!", it can make characters care that much about the well-being of a serial murderer.
4. I understand that the author had to get rid of the beastar to make some room for the new guys, but that's a lousy way to do it. Like... maybe it would be better to have him actually do something first?

i dont get how he was bleeding for that long without noticing that Melon was taking a chunk out of him lmao

Guess those chapters about Melon's father is meaningless, then. I'm really not interested in Yahya dying.
I'll take this as a reminder that even the best things can 180 into trash, anytime and anywhere.

Dex-chan lover
This started off amazing. Different animals having some stereotypes and playing around them? Good. Herbivore-Carnivore relationships? Great. Action, but only when necessary? Amazing. Gritty dark undertone with wonderful world building, and dealing with the consequences of fucking up in society as a young adult without bullshit "You broke the law, but you solved a crime? Pardoned! lulw" asshattery? Fucking fantastic.

Then it became fucking LeLou's Bizzare Adventure with imaginary stands, and chasing a fruit for the other half. Sad to see such a great concept go to the shitter. And man, was it a long fall down. It was like the manga gave us an amazing appetizer and main course, then when you ask for desert, it shoves its ass in your mouth and calls it "chocolate ice cream".

gg. Any good concept with great execution can still somehow end up shit.

I kind of liked the simplicity of this arc because it is kind of showing how most "redemption" arcs are for the supposedly evil characters, i think its supposed to be anticlimactic like this for a reason. I mean think about some deaths are stupid or anticlimactic and pure corrupted hearts don't change, and Melon is suicidal to be honest thats why he's reckless and doesn't care and his thinking was pretty realistic too.

Dex-chan lover
Guess we will be stuck with Melon for a long damn time.

But why tho? just die already!

Double-page supporter
iu

Users who are viewing this thread