BEASTARS - Vol. 22 Ch. 196 - The Story of a Wolf and a Rabbit

now that it's complete it's a pretty shitty manga, but i enjoyed it, and i still think the weird art style is it's strongest point.

Dex-chan lover
Its... sad... This manga was great, and it was.....
And then Melon happen, if they just skipped that and focuses on the relationship between Legosi and Haru everything would be great but it doesn't, and it felt more like "Finally it ends"

NNNNNOOOOOOOO i've been here since around chapter 20 its sad to just let it go

Finally everyone has started to realize how terrible this has been from the start of the third arc. This could have ended to well, even a bad-bittersweet ending would have been fine with a good story. But this is just such a stereotypical, boring, happy ending, and an absolute disappointment.

So we knew she was extremely promiscuous by like chapter 10, and 190 chapters later, Legoshi gets his dick touched by a shoe...Poor guy. 😃

Dex-chan lover
The real tragedy is that Luis didn't end up with Legosi.

One had a wolf fetish, the other a herbivorous fetish, and they have tasted their meats, the only thing that failed was Paru being a coward and having worst girl ruin the protagonists life.

JUNO DIDN'T EVEN GET A PANEL WTF

I wish this series had just stayed in the high school. Can't help but feel that would've allowed Paru to focus on the societal commentary and the dynamics between characters. Instead we got below-average battle shonen and a rushed ending.

Juno my girl :^(

She did nothing wrong and here she is, ended up failing romance relationship. Twice.

I love her chemistry with Louis much better than LegosixHaru honestly

I could come up with a whole list of story plot point that were left unresolved/ignored, and how so many of the other side characters were also ignored, and left out of the epilougue, but why bother.

I honestly think Melon as a character ruined this manga. I think the story was still doing pretty okay after the RIz arc finished. But once Melon got introduced, the story only kept getting worse and worse.

There was zero pay off for Melon being taken down as an antagonist too. Other than the fact that the BAM was destroyed an that herbivores and carnivores can get along I guess. that was also so rushed and stupidly handled. Okay, the market is gone, so herbivores and carnivores are going to immediately live peacefully among each other now that the market is gone?? GUess so! But Melon still didn't change his worldview. He stayed rotten and sociopathic to the very end. But maybe that was the point. Introducing his deadbeat dad was also totally pointless. If Melon had met his father and had his whole worldview shattered, I wouldn't have been so disappointed.

This whole final arc and lame final chapter reminds me of Demon Slayer. The second half of the final arc was pretty underwhelming and the final chapter was super lame. I was left pretty disappointed with Demon Slayer after it ended, and hoped that Beastars would pull through and get better as the Melon arc went on. But it really didn't. Beastars is just another example of a mangaka not being able to end their story well at all. Just damn. Really frustrating to see a manga start off so good, and then turn into a complete dumpster fire because of one arc.

Still looking forward to the second season of the anime though

It's really sad to see this manga finished. Was it being rushed by the mangaka or the publisher? It seems like she was working on something new. Sorry if I'm misunderstanding, but is the next thing she's making going to be in the same universe? If so, maybe there will be some kind of follow up to what happened in this story. It's hard to believe, after all that build up and tension and the way instincts were portrayed, that things would be peaceful and absolutely problem free in the end. Also, I definitely agree that Juno got done dirty. All in all, a fun manga, but this ending leaves a lot to be desired. I look forward to the mangaka's next work. Thank you to the translators for sticking it out to the end! Appreciate you!

Say what you will about the quality of the story once Melon was introduced but I'm just glad the story concluded while I still think of it fondly and even with a sorta Disney ending for some characters

I loved exploring Melon. Seems like I'm the only one, but still. He is real, his curcumstances of bodily deprivation are real, a step ahead of your stereotypical psychopath.
Almost every plot line around him felt like a mess, though.

Wow, really thought there was gonna be something between Juno and Louis. Really liked the chemistry between the two. Why would you build up stuff between them, just so it can end like that? Actually super bummed about the ending lol

Users who are viewing this thread