BEASTARS

it breaks my heart to see this manga kinda getting worse as it goes on
honestly the last few chapters have been a bit shitty

aui

Those chapters aren't the best.
Like the expansion of the back halley market
and many other things. I wish the series won't end after this arc, unless there's nothing else to tell.

more Haru yey I personaly like new chapters they are more chill and I think this is importatnt too

i get legosi's sentiment. As much as u hate how certain things are, living life and learning things can be nice too

Double-page supporter
This manga is really hard to pin down, it's like a pendulum of shifting genres and plot points. Sometimes it's a relatively down to earth slice of life, and others a really surreal kind of battle manga. Which is totally fine, but I do have a few complaints. For instance, a few things that were established early in the manga like the "black market/back alley market" sort of get desensitized to the point of becoming normal as the story progresses, which is kind of disappointing. Really wish there was more focus on the world than some underground meat industry.

I also think the story would be a bit more interesting if it kept a lot more of the focus on the introspective side of Legoshi, and how he deals with being a reluctant carnivore. You know, instead of being a "philosophical wolf," whose feelings end up being summed up as "I have a fetish for small herbivore animals." Kind of a little bit insulting.

absolutely lovely read. im pretty srsly anti-furry but this is such a well done and interesting world it works great.

the perfect beastars: a perverted wolf that loves herbivores more than anything in life and a 1/4 hybrid and an eccentric deer that loves carnivores, an orphan born from the back alley as merchandise. Together they care for society as it is and not as they want it. Damn if thats how it will be im hella excited. I just hope this last long enough that the setup for louis and legosi comes to a fruition because I'd be hella disappointed if this doesn't come through

Dex-chan lover
there are many things that are dissatisfying to me about this manga, but its good points are SO good i really enjoy it and binged it until 8AM lol. the character concepts are amazing and itagaki-sensei is incredible at building and rewarding suspense. there are so many horrifying reveals in this manga. but sometimes it feels like shocks are there for the sake of shock factor and kicking along a wavering plot though. i think that haru's character is so good but that her personality flies over legosi's head and vice versa, which is sad to me bc i wish they had a more meaningful relationship. on the other hand louis and legosi are excellent foils and i really enjoy their interactions and development. i think i have many criticisms because i like this manga so much and can't bear to write it off or abandon it

@wigjump : that's only one example. The definition is actually very vague.. like a very prominent figure in the animal society. The Batman thing is just Yahya's style.

I wish r/beastars would stop translating the manga if they're going to do it so poorly compared to the team that was already translating it way better. It seems to just be an excuse to plug their shit discord server.

@CaptainVHS its not like theyre trying to take it over they have a rule that theyll only upload their translation if HCS hasnt uploaded theirs by the following monday and HCS has been completely silent for like a month

Users who are viewing this thread