Beatrice

Am I the only one concerned about how quickly Chloe turned from traumatized, to bashful? Like, how did she somehow just have PTSD flashbacks and then start feeling embarrassed about him holding her. This girl is literally bipolar. I really like the idea of the story, I just wish that these fanservice scenes weren't so cliche. The first chapter was the only one where I actually felt like she was someone who I could relate to. Later, when she starts to act like a tomboy and is completely reckless with her actions, she just acts stupid. How is she supposed to lay low when she's doing things that are so out-of-the-norm. I know that the story isn't meant to be real and it's fiction, but god, please actually make the emotions and actions realistic so that her character development isn't so skewed. I feel as though the story is very similar to the Capable Maid, but Morina was a lot more skillful at hiding her talents than Beatrice is. I just hope that her hair finally grows out and she can wear a dress for once. I don't understand how in a society where women are still just betrothed without consent, she can just waltz around in tunic and pants. She looks like a stable-boy or a blacksmiths apprentice rather than a personal maid.

this is a complete trainwreck and its so funny, except the parts when we excuse the fact thate he has threatened to kill her several times. kyaaa kyaa so cute

Fed-Kun's army
The author is really trying their best to get is to like the ML loool. It's just not working.
Reading this is just something. It's the comic equivalent of a reality show. Trash all around but somehow you keep watching/reading because somehow the trashiness is vaguely entertaining 😂

This comment section is so weird.

I have seem far weirder and more inexcusable shit get fangirled on. I feel that, although much of the criticism is very valid, a good amount is not.

Specially if you juxtapose it with the Spanish comment section. They know is trash, and they embrace it for what it is. Yeah, most shoujo isekais are trash. And this, as someone that reads a lot of them (please help), is not that bad.

Many people complaining are just in a hate bandwagon. There are many bad aspects, and many good ones.

I should make a point that the dude is not that terrible, really. He is fine, given the standart and context. He is not some abusive tyrant or dictator, just a militar Duke doing his thing (and being a fucking weirdo). The concept is also relatively fresh.

I'm fine with the criticism, is good to be critic, but is so weird that this is the only questionable isekai shoujo people are so bent in shitting on for almost every single thing.

Til this day I don't understand why this have such a high rating when the female lead is just the less annoying version of Yui from diabolik lovers and the male lead is just an asshole who apparently we supposed to like just because he's hot and have a tragic back story, literally all the main male characters are so unlikeable I would say this is as bad as "I was born a king daughter"

@theilikepie TLDR; gangraping prisoners of war is terrible by our standarts, but we shouldn't judge it by them. Is foolish to do so. The webtoon is not great, but not quite that bad and he is no monster. People are being too harsh.

So...

Racism is terrible, but when I see it in a book from the 19th century, I can understand. When I learned that vikings during raids raped nuns (and that they killed themselves quite gruesomely to avoid it), I also understood. Simple as that. That world has its own set of rules. I won't judge it by mine, I'm not that stupid.

The webtoon is bad, but sometimes kind of good. Like really, he saved a bird, hence he is a really kind and perfect person???? No. It is, is many senses trash. But I read it knowing it. My problem is that many criticisms are hypocritical, since I've seen most readers of trash isekais pardoning a bunch of bullshit in other stories. He is by comparison, not that bad. And are these the only things you got to hold over his head? The fact a military general permitted his soldiers to rape prisoners, in a universe closer to the middle ages than ours?

On another note, I believe you're referring to the time he spanked that girl's butt? That was ridiculous lmao. Like wtf, who thought it was a good idea to put that. The tone of the scene, everything was wrong. I don't even know what intent the author had with it. It wasn't a serious scene tho. So, I'll just pretend it never happened.

I hope I made my point clear :) Have a nice day.

@blueoddog
We completely understand that many other isekais also suffer from trashy main characters, but they get their own hate for it. Personally I stopped reading many after the main lead seemed to be ass. However, I don't at all agree with the statement that we shouldn't judge the story by how good the main lead is. It is one of the most important things in a romance-based novel. If the main-lead allows gangrape or the unlawful killing of innocents, why should we like him? In shoujo manga, without a lot of politics or magic/martial character growth, we really can only judge a story on its romance and the characters in the relationship. We need to judge the character based on his personality and values. We can't simply ignore crucial aspects of his personality that make him a dick. Just because gangrape is okay in the timeline of the novel, doesn't mean that we aren't allowed to judge it. It might be historically accurate, that often in war, warriors or knights would rape and take the spoils of a kingdom, but not every man was fine with those activities.

The audience doesn't like the fact that he, who is such a shite guy, is the one who is the main lead. These are examples of a very unhealthy relationship and shouldn't be promoted through manga. The artists paint a man who is initially emotionally unavailable and a near psychopath as the one who will lead the romance, which is not okay.

@Arakuei, very good points. I still maintain my standing, that many people are in a hate bandwagon, but completely understand and respect your opinion. And I agree in various aspects. He is a dick. For me, passable, specially because I don't take that story very seriously. If not for you, I understand. If I wasn't stuck at home I wouldn't be skimming trough this webtoon.

Group Leader
This comment section really breaks my mood lol 😅 i was hoping seeing good comment but seems everyone is too over critisizing anything.

overall i like this manhwa i hope they would finish it till the chapter ends. I like the arts and how sweet the story is going, since i dont like a story that have too much drama especially if its dark-drama. So this manhwa is very good for me ill give it 8.5/10. even though the development of 2 couple is really slow...

i guess 1 story theme is told per 10 chapter?? if thats true, cant wait for the coming ch.40 and so on...

archduke: threatens to behead her and hang her head for everyone to see, allows gang-raping of slaves
Beatrice:
archduke: puts back a bird in its nest
Beatrice: he's not like the rumours said *heart eyes*

So, I’m confused. Can someone give me a clue? Where is the scene where people are saying that ML advocates gangrape? Where’s the scene where ML kills innocent civilians?

I’m not defending him (b/c I honestly do find some aspects of his character absolutely appalling), I’m just genuinely curious because I can’t remember when and how any of the aforementioned scenes happened? I reread the first few chapters and I found no such scenes there.

Don't like it? Then don't and read it. It's not rocket science to understand that. I get it this webtoon has flaws but yall just criticizing everything at this point.

Thank you to the team who worked on this webtoon! Kudos to yall!

@NiveousKro I think I read comment that says this webtoon is somewhat different from original novel, so it may be that some of comments also remember things from novel.

I think someone mentioning that
Princess (not FL) at the start had her dress torn and she was thrown between the soldiers and they were bragging what they should do to her or something before killing her.
not sure about killing innocent civilians. (or they remember the servant enslavement as killing.)

edit: I didn't remember the comment correctly, spoiler part corrected.

Users who are viewing this thread