Beautiful Place

G-P

Dex-chan lover
I'm not feeling this one so far, Matsumoto.

The translator dropped this because the next chapter is supposed to have some nudity in it. I guess it's the first time he read one of Matsumoto's works. Here's hoping someone picks it up again. Personally I prefer this setting to Joshi Kouhei and would like to see more of it.

Yeah it's hardcore allright. i dont know guys, is matsumoto known for your average softcore romcom?
Really?
REALLY?

It feels like reading heavy metal and truely freaky late 80's comics. Like watching a truck barelling downhill out of control, Witnessing someone dive into an absurd world of violence and trying to cope with it.

Violence IS NOT SUPPOSED TO FEEL GOOD. seeing people die and actively partaking in their passing just gives you ptsd, not exp and camaraderie.

so i'm all aces for another experience like a Spiegelmann, Comès or Moebius comic.
i'm even fine with a comeback story like Singelin's PTSD.

and i perfectly understand that it will not be the opinion of most.

I dont think this is going to topple "alice in hell".
Jiro def nudged the limits of legality with that.
if you're scanning matsumoto, absolutely read freesia first, then the others.

it's the least difficult of the his works and that does mean you might never really experience something as unique as matsumoto gets... if you begin reading him with alice in hell or this.
because it not supposed to be a pleasant experience.

I'm not feeling this one so far, Matsumoto.
I wasn't feeling it at first either. Took a few chapters, some world building, for it to grow on me. It's more of a Freesia type world (without the schizophrenia) than his more recent stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread