BEGIN

It’s super racist, but honestly not that surprising. A lot of political Japanese manga is super racist against China if you read into it. In China the bad guys are usually Japanese and same with Korean manhwa where the bad guys is usually Japanese.

It’s a left over from ww2. Basically every nation in east Asia thinks that Japan is bad because they still refuse to apologise or recognise war crimes from ww2, while teaching that their action were either justified or that they never happened. And Japanese people generally look down on other East Asian nations as a result of having literal war criminals and ultra nationalists elected to political office since the 50s

Fed-Kun's army
I hate these east asian feud the most. Because unlike western shenanigans this one made its way into the things i like to read.
This is actually the first time i saw it from a japanese manga. Usually i found it on korean webtoon, cause theres A LOT. Sometimes they even throw it right in just out of nowhere

The guy here saying Japan never apologized for WW2 atrocities is full of shit. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_war_apology_statements_issued_by_Japan

Wake up and educate yourself. Before you complain about racism in a manga or racist tendencies among Japanese people consider how ignorant it is to casually say Japan never apologized. Ask yourself if China or Korea would do the same or better. When you act as if the government hasn't apologized you're backing up the stereotype that the people as a whole don't give a fuck about WW2. Going even further Japan tried to give money directly to Korean comfort women and was told by the Korean government it should give it to the state to give to the women. Japan gave the government the money and it spent it largely on public works instead of the women and claimed for decades it received nothing until the scandal was revealed.

And I'm not some super Japan worshipper. All you have to do is a brief Google search to see if what you're saying is actually correct. If you don't owe it to anyone else don't you at least owe to yourself a minute or two to check what you think and say before you say it when it's something of this magnitude?

Dex-chan lover
@Keven

The completed status is for the publication. As in, there are 9 volumes and 72 chapters, total. Here:https://anilist.co/manga/101835/Begin/
The Completed Status does not refers to the scanlated and uploaded chapters you can see here on mangadex.

I hope this clarifies what I assumed was your misinformation on the matter. If its not, I am sorry for jumping to conclusion.

shanaismaiwaifu belives he is right yet demonstrates ignorance as claiming that Japan apologized is factually incorrect as proper apology would be without retracting said apology nor idolizing perpetrators of whom one apologizes for their actions, it is insincere and lets not omit that so called Liberal Democratic Party that rules Japan is rife with ultra nationalists and far right such as those that are members of Nippon Kaigi or are closely associated with such organization. Mere reparations for forcing or deceiving Korean women into sex slavery for their military is nothing compared to wealth that Japan extracted from Korea in terms of raw materials, any argument about building up infrastructure is null and void considering that it was done to extract wealth from Korea and return of investment were several fold. Not to mention that Koreans were forcefully conscripted into Japanese military.

Oh my lord I don't think I've seen a more but hurt comment section since the Japan transmigration manga. It always amazes me there is a bunch of but hurt yanks and redditors complaining about a mangaka not sucking the USA's toes or china's enough. The current Japan has never needed to apologise for the past because they aren't the past; yet they have on multiple occasions and you're still unhappy?. Yet you don't ever hear the US government coming out apologising for all the Vietnamese, koreans, or all the of German soldiers that died in Eisenhower's deathcamps. I suppose this is par the course when your teaching of history is all "no one is as free and just as we are -- everyone else is wrong and no one else can have a different opinion or belief unless we approve of it". Leave Japan alone you self-righteous pricks and worry about yourself more than others. You lot complaining are probably no where even near Japan is, let alone in the same racial group. As soon as the US is erased of the map and the west goes back to dealing with their own issues and not sticking their fingers in other peoples culture and ideals the better the world will be. Its a good thing ignorant westerners opinions don't matter when it comes to the livelihood of Japanese mangaka.

Issue is Make Japan Great Again and Japan has a lot of those that want return to good old days of Imperial Japan.

Dex-chan lover
You saw what the synopsis is. Read it and have a laugh or get out because I don't want any of this

Dex-chan lover
This would be funnier if the heroes were actually the dudes from BEGIN, the okinawan folk band

22922-begin-qxmw.jpg

I'm wrong because the apology wasn't good enough? Gimme a break. In some fantasy world each Japanese prime minister apologizes to each comfort woman individually regardless of proof of their claim of being one as soon as he gets elected and sworn in. He licks their shoes and smashes his head against the floor until he's a vegetable. In the real world you get multiple apologies and other people comment on them as they see fit. Expecting every single person to agree to apologies demanded again for political purposes is a joke. When the Korean head of state has a dogshit approval rating he'll demand more apologies. It's happening right now. Korea had a leader involved in a stupid cult. You know you need a distraction when shit like that happens.

Art is good but the story is some silly stuff about independent Japan like they are going to challenge China or Russia on their own without any natural resources or shipping guaranteed by the US Navy lol. I want to see if they have any understanding about Murica and the power behind it besides big guys who play football.

Users who are viewing this thread