Being a Maid Is Better Than Being a Princess - Vol. 1 Ch. 14

Dex-chan lover
I’m so curious now how the girls gonna react to them knowing each other

Dex-chan lover
I'm telling this now, he's going to try to woo her and the princess will do everything she can to stop him from bothering her

Dex-chan lover
Really wonder why they chose to completely skip over what happened between her throwing the pin in the water and the next morning

Dex-chan lover
Really wonder why they chose to completely skip over what happened between her throwing the pin in the water and the next morning
because it should be obvious that Cyana is enjoying the shit out of this assignment via Catharsis by Proxy. Alice is both able to rebel unlike Cyana was in her childhood, but Cyana has the authority to make Alice fall in line as her official guardian and she gets to feel smug about getting alice to behave without really abusing Alice unlike the queen did to Cyana.

Aggregator gang
because it should be obvious that Cyana is enjoying the shit out of this assignment via Catharsis by Proxy. Alice is both able to rebel unlike Cyana was in her childhood, but Cyana has the authority to make Alice fall in line as her official guardian and she gets to feel smug about getting alice to behave without really abusing Alice unlike the queen did to Cyana.
But also because the reaction to the event isn't the important thing, it's the fact that Cyana empathizes and is concerned about Alice as a fellow neglected child. She sees her rebelling and understands what causes it and just wants to help her heal as well.

Dex-chan lover
But also because the reaction to the event isn't the important thing, it's the fact that Cyana empathizes and is concerned about Alice as a fellow neglected child. She sees her rebelling and understands what causes it and just wants to help her heal as well.
I understand both of these things, because yes, they are obvious. But from a purely storytelling perspective, it felt like there was something missed inbetween chapters, which is why I'm curious as to why that decision was made. Normally you do not jump straight from a conflict, directly to the resolution while going from one chapter to another. Especially when the conflict was the entirety of the last chapter, only to be resolved immediately at the start of this one. It makes the interaction feel strangely paced

Basically, it's like if an episode ended on a cliffhanger, and the next episode just started with whatever was being set up, already resolved. It doesn't feel right, at least in my opinion

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
The princess doing maid's work.
Sooo...
I guess the princess is gonna be the protagonist of

Being a Maid Is Better Than Being a Princess 2​

Dex-chan lover
i mean ive been commenting every week that i want this manhwa to derail from a romance to a revenge plot where Cyana and Alice bring down The Empire with corruption, assassination, and civil war, have their first kiss over the burning capital, and then run away and join another kingdom as maids to start the process again.

Dex-chan lover
i mean ive been commenting every week that i want this manhwa to derail from a romance to a revenge plot where Cyana and Alice bring down The Empire with corruption, assassination, and civil war, have their first kiss over the burning capital, and then run away and join another kingdom as maids to start the process again.
.. Uh... You want her to kiss a small child..?

Dex-chan lover
Alice is such a good kid, I really hope having mc as her parental figure helps bring her some relief from her family circumstances.

Especially since its clear no one has actually been paying attention to her properly, that poor lil bean should never have been left on her own.

Feels like both a tincture to the way mc had to grow up, but also a way of showing that those neglected princess in other OI and OI adjacent media would still be the subject of profound and extended abuse and neglect- which any good adult present would try to combat.

Thanks for the tl!

Double-page supporter
For a prince that supposedly loves cute things, he didn't do anything to help his cute little sister. And no, assigning the FL as her maid doesn't count. Not only is it too late, but he would have assigned her to his own palace instead if he could. Then the little princess would probably have died of malnutrion soon.

Someone that ignore a child in need when they have the power to help isn't ML material in my books.

Users who are viewing this thread