Bengoshi to 17-sai

Group Leader
@aikarosei That doesn't really matter though. Families can be lackadaisical about things that they really shouldn't be.
Not sure what the timeline is in Japan, but it's likely not very different from here in the states, where becoming a lawyer requires at least 7 years of school. Meaning that the guy is at least 25 (unless he got into college early, but even if you take 1 year off it doesn't change much).
He knew her since she was in elementary school (judging by the backpacks), so that means at the latest he would have met her when she was 12.... and he was 19. That's a big fucking yikes no matter how you slice it.

Isn’t dating a minor also against the law? Shouldn’t he know since he’s a lawyer?

@DrHizzle @hash No, I'm not justifying his actions, what I was trying to say is that in certain parts of japan, relationship between a highschooler and a legal aged man is allowed if the both families gives their blessing to them.

Group Leader
@aikarosei But that's justifying. Saying the equivalent of "technically it's legal" without stating your own opinion on the matter (i.e. "technically it's legal, but still creepy/weird/etc.") is justifying the situation.

@DrHizzle I'm stating a fact in reply to someone, not giving my opinion. I'm allowed to give information in the comment section without being called an enabler specially when I NEVER stated my opinion in the first place.

Edit: I agree that she's being groomed and I'm in no way justifying his actions when I simply replied to a question with an innocent, on a whim, statement.

Comment section: He is grooming her.
Description: The guy makes a rule about no sexual intimacy until graduation.

2f0frl9pidm51.jpg

@RyuukuSensei No I was mocking the comment section. Honestly I would not count this as grooming because of one thing: sexual abuse. It is a shoujo romcom, I doubt she is being groomed.

@RyuukuSensei Wrong? This is literally the definition I am basing my reasoning on : Grooming is when someone builds a relationship, trust and emotional connection with a child or young person so they can manipulate, exploit and abuse them.

I even found it on this site: https://www.nspcc.org.uk/what-is-child-abuse/types-of-abuse/grooming/

The description and actually reading the chapters show that this is not grooming in the slightest.

Users who are viewing this thread