Berserk - Ch. 374 - Is the sleeping black beast but biding its time?

Dex-chan lover
The crew gonna get taken by Kushan to have a better chance against Grif-... I mean, against Faggith's army. That's Rickert on helmet I swear.
I was keeping an eye out for the usual “oh look someone said they’re dropping the manga AGAIN” but this comment made me keel over in laughter, thank you, I needed that today.

Dex-chan lover
Boat rides and Berserk, name a more iconic duo?

They recognized Guts quite quickly and acted accordingly, those are some smart soldiers, wonder what their actual end game is, because clearly they are not just raiding and pillaging, i am sure Rickert will explain things next chap

Power Uploader
Miura is unparalleled, there's no disputing that, and the first few chapters Mori Kouji did were definitely flawed. But don't be unreasonable, the art here is excellent and this chapter in particular is an improvement, with better paneling, depiction of motion, and consistency of characters' faces. As Kouji settles in for the long haul to bring the series to a close, I have faith he will get used to drawing in Miura's style and make something beautiful.
Indeed, paneling in this felt as old chapters.

Dex-chan lover
Miura is unparalleled, there's no disputing that, and the first few chapters Mori Kouji did were definitely flawed. But don't be unreasonable, the art here is excellent and this chapter in particular is an improvement, with better paneling, depiction of motion, and consistency of characters' faces. As Kouji settles in for the long haul to bring the series to a close, I have faith he will get used to drawing in Miura's style and make something beautiful.
Mori isn't the artist here, just the director. Studio Gaga (Miura's assistants) are the ones drawing it. The art is getting better but I feel like the dialogue is odd. There's just something about it that feels foreign when compared to Miura's writing. He was very good at "show, don't tell"

Dex-chan lover
looks like Silat has at least three Tapasa with him. I don't think he has had the whole Gang since before Ganishka's death.
oiwui2.png

Dex-chan lover
Mori isn't the artist here, just the director. Studio Gaga (Miura's assistants) are the ones drawing it. The art is getting better but I feel like the dialogue is odd. There's just something about it that feels foreign when compared to Miura's writing. He was very good at "show, don't tell"
Since Mori and Studio Gaga stressed that they were only going to depict what they could confidently remember what Miura had told and or discussed with them, I think the dialogue being more dry is simply and inevitable byproduct of that. As that results in the minimization of any characterization/narrative progression they aren't aware of, thus they are less likely to try to interject personality/flavor into the storytelling they aren't sure about.

Dex-chan lover
I love how the studio draws nothing for months and produces 2-1 berserk chapters a year, keep the good works going, this is another 7 years on this boat.
7 years is nothing for Berserk fans, also it's been 2 years since Miura's death and they've made 10 chapters with the extremely hard task of continuing it without the creator, so you can drop it now and go suck a dick for 7 years instead or stay and keep making trash comments.

Double-page supporter
Was hoping for an improvement on the art, but mid as usual. Waited 4 months for nothing smh

Mori and Studio Gaga really drew the short end of the stick. They will never be Miura. If the end of Berserk is bad (and it could be the end Miura envisioned), there is people who will shit on them. If the art gets bad, there is people who will shit on them. But these same people would shit on them too if they did not try to end Berserk.

And that's it, they are trying to give us and to themselves an ending to Berserk, a deserving ending. Appreciate it, people.

Edit: spelling

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Ok, confirmed that these kushans are allies after that last page. But oh shit, that one panel of chains breaking is bad if that was the chains of his inner demon dog thing.

Banned
wow the art was actually pretty good this chapter. even better than the last couple before Miura died.

Users who are viewing this thread