Berserk of Gluttony - Vol. 10 Ch. 52

Dex-chan lover
Sir,in Japanese,there is no letter 'L'......it is R.L and R are same in Japanese but technically.....there is no L letter in Japanese rather R. Before commenting, please have a basic knowledge of things.
Perhaps learn what a Lich is before making that decision. Unless you think that all wealthy people are immortal skeletons that command armies of the undead.

Group Leader
Same, I just came to the comments to see how much of a shitshow this one would be lol. Considering the fact that Jamezz said they were gonna fix the previous chapter in the comments, then never did, I can't say I'm surprised.

I sincerely hope Arxen decides to continue with this one, because I am not going to struggle through these "translations" lmao.
You'll definitely get it, my frnd. Been busy with irl a bit too much lately.

Dex-chan lover
There is a mistake......." Or wishing someone good luck "
one, there is no need for that note
two, if you really want it, why not shorten it, to just “‘ganbatte kudasai’ means ‘do your best’ or ‘good luck’”, why make the note look like it’s invading the panel
or, if you really really want to keep it like that, why not add that in an afterwords page, and add the most important part, the japanese, not many people care about just the romaji

Double-page supporter
Sir,in Japanese,there is no letter 'L'......it is R.L and R are same in Japanese but technically.....there is no L letter in Japanese rather R. Before commenting, please have a basic knowledge of things.
Lecturing others on "basic knowledge" (insert mandatory XKCD 2501 joke here), when you don't even know what a "Lich" is, is very... lich of you.
Not to mention that you fail at basic English grammar and punctuation.

On a more scientific note:
Japanese has a liquid phoneme /r/, which can either be spoken as an apico-alveolar tap, resulting in an /r/, or as an alveolar lateral approximant, resulting in an /l/. However, since this is a liquid phoneme, it is neither an /r/ nor an /l/, but something in between (that's the whole point of liquid phonemes). English (or rather, all Germanic languages) on the other hand has two phonemes, one rhotic /r/ and a lateral /l/, resulting in two distinct sounds. Therefore, what you said is not entirely true. Japanese has neither l, nor r. See: Best & Strange (1992),Yamada & Tohkura (1992) and Goto (1971).
Furthermore, Japanese speaker are entirely capable of distinguishing /r/ and /l/ as two different sounds as good as native English speakers, under the condition that they are not embedded into speech (see: Miyawaki et al. (1975))

Dex-chan lover
Gigachad Based Dad. BoG's not breaking any new ground most of the time, but giving the MC a dad has paid off bigtime.

Aggregator gang
lvxmvh.jpeg

why?
💀 keikaku means plan energy

Dex-chan lover
It's been a while since i needed the full 3-and-a-bit-decades of experience in reading ..attempts at translation into english..

And here I was thinking technical riders autotranslated from chinese were bad...

And honestly.. "Rich Lord"? Right next to the actual image? With TL, PR, and QC not even batting an eye?
Is there an underground battle in one-upmanship for the yearly MDA's ** for the "Most Cringeworthy TL in a Japanese Manga" award going on I'm not aware of?

** MangaDex Awards. Yes, I know.. One may have hopes and dreams though... It should be a thing.

Dex-chan lover
Is there an underground battle in one-upmanship for the yearly MDA's ** for the "Most Cringeworthy TL in a Japanese Manga" award going on I'm not aware of?
There honestly should be a way for users to rate/vote on the quality of a translation on this site, so that readers can tell without checking the comments how broken the English is going to be. It'd have the added benefit of letting other TL groups know which active series could benefit from having an actually competent group take over too - I personally have no issue with that sort of snipe.

And on top of that, the lowest rated each year can get the award at the MDAs! Everybody wins! This would definitely be a contender lol.

I suggest ,you better ask a native Japanese speaker what it means.(あの時・・・リッチ・ロードや) translate this yourself.we tled the actual one. You have been reading the previous translations which had quite a problems...even with the names......Fate Graphite this is what they wrote in fandom and some other places .You wrote "Japanese has neither l nor r" the funniest joke ever

Lecturing others on "basic knowledge" (insert mandatory XKCD 2501 joke here), when you don't even know what a "Lich" is, is very... lich of you.
Not to mention that you fail at basic English grammar and punctuation.

On a more scientific note:
Japanese has a liquid phoneme /r/, which can either be spoken as an apico-alveolar tap, resulting in an /r/, or as an alveolar lateral approximant, resulting in an /l/. However, since this is a liquid phoneme, it is neither an /r/ nor an /l/, but something in between (that's the whole point of liquid phonemes). English (or rather, all Germanic languages) on the other hand has two phonemes, one rhotic /r/ and a lateral /l/, resulting in two distinct sounds. Therefore, what you said is not entirely true. Japanese has neither l, nor r. See: Best & Strange (1992),Yamada & Tohkura (1992) and Goto (1971).
Furthermore, Japanese speaker are entirely capable of distinguishing /r/ and /l/ as two different sounds as good as native English speakers, under the condition that they are not embedded into speech (see: Miyawaki et al. (1975))

Dex-chan lover
I suggest ,you better ask a native Japanese speaker what it means.(あの時・・・リッチ・ロードや) translate this yourself.
With 0 context. Lich Lord, Lich Load, Lich Road, Rich Lord, Rich Load, Rich Road.... But there's a picture of the damn thing right next to the text so literally only the first one makes any sense. So, tell me, how did you not fuck up the "Lord" part? :pepehmm:

Dex-chan lover
Doesn't change that "Rich" means something like wealthy, and "Lich" is a high form of undead. They're two very different things.

Dex-chan lover
I suggest ,you better ask a native Japanese speaker what it means.(あの時・・・リッチ・ロードや) translate this yourself.we tled the actual one. You have been reading the previous translations which had quite a problems...even with the names......Fate Graphite this is what they wrote in fandom and some other places .You wrote "Japanese has neither l nor r" the funniest joke ever
「リッチ」is also the translation for the word 'Lich', according to two of my friends who happen to also be native Japanese speakers. They also confirmed the lack of an L or R sound - the Japanese equivalent is somewhere in between, hence why it is often translated as both incorrectly.

You're just making yourself look like more of an idiot than you already were.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
We will fix it up sir.please have some damn patience.it is our series ,we picked it up...
Stop shitting in the bed and calling it gold. You did the exact same thing last chapter You are rushing out sub par work while BEGGING for money. no one wants to read your work so either do better or peddle your scam elsewhere.

"picking up" a series does not mean it is only yours it also does not mean we have to accept your amateur hour work if I wanted more chapters of this quality i could just usea machine translator 20$ says it still comes out more legible then what your doing.
Perhaps learn what a Lich is before making that decision. Unless you think that all wealthy people are immortal skeletons that command armies of the undead.
Dumbass. You are TRANSLATING IT TO OTHER LAUNGUGES. Liches are not Japenese they are European they have L's for
days.

Edit: oops relies to the wrong comment sorry.

How do you speak Japanese worse then I do.

Users who are viewing this thread