Berserk - Vol. 1 Ch. 0.01 - The Black Swordsman

Why would you even upload this series at all if you're going to just upload shitty thumbnail-sized images? I feel bad for the people on this site that got introduced to this amazing series by this awful upload.

Power Uploader
loads just fine for me, definitely not thumbnail sized. There are definitely some earlier chapters that were low quality though. Sadly the high quality ones for a lot of the older chapters are from the official scans which are not allowed on here.

Berserk Remastered Team is eventually going to get to those chapters though.

I never got why translators keep calling him "Gatts" or "Gattsu" like come on we all know it's Guts

@Devil_Trigger:
These translations are old. 2002-ish or older. The scan quality and translation preferences of people back then are different from the way they are now. There wasn't much in the way of English and Japanese dictionaries, either.

Guts name in Japanese is 'ガッツ' (Gattsu), and for a foreigner without Japanese resources trying to turn that into a familiar sounding name, it was logical back then to go with Gatts or be conservative and keep it as 'Gattsu'. Dark Horse didn't release their first volume translation until 2003, and that was around when his name was confirmed to be written as 'Guts' by Miura. There was no way for fan translators to know for certain how his name was supposed to be written back when they started.

@Taruby
I'm aware of that being how it is in Japanese, I was not however aware of how old these scans were and the context behind why it's that way. Thanks for that info.

Users who are viewing this thread