Berserk - Vol. 14 Ch. 99.5 - The Prototype

Dex-chan lover
The prototype just wants me to know the story but the character is still not there yet. I guess this is what I can get from a one-shot though.

Double-page supporter
@iiopas Not sure if you figured it out yet, but this is the prototype for Berserk Miura drew up in the late 80s. Before it's first official release a couple years later.

@Neo-Accelerator I would like to start reading the manga. I wanted to know if this volume 0 is a prototype of Berserk or even some kind of Prequel. Do I lose story points if I skip it?

Double-page supporter
@overlord949 This prototype episode is totally optional, and has zero correlation with the main story. You miss nothing by skipping it except trivia points.

Dex-chan lover
you can tell its the prototype because
big donny aint there

The girl... I can't unsee. Especially after those subtexts flying around the net. Yeah this is prototype and has no correlation with main story but the girl also appears in the main story as a different person.

For anyone wondering, this has zero correlation with the actual story of berserk. If you read it before the first chapter just ignore anything that was said in chapter 0, because none of it is canon.

Dex-chan lover
09 Feb. 2021

Slow reader. I wonder when I'll finish/catch up with it lol

Double-page supporter
Let's start my 5th reading of this absolute masterpiece.

I've never really payed any attention to the prototype, but it seems there's more to it than I initially thought.
A lot of the themes explored in Berserk are already present here.

And i'm glad the author made the changes he made!

Users who are viewing this thread