Berserk - Vol. 21 Ch. 166 - Leaping Fish

Dex-chan lover
He's the fish that casts ripples on the water to change the shape of the moon.

Page 12 is when Miura peaked in his Casca drawings, in early chapters he was trying to emphasize her lips and it always looked like she was pulling a duckface and the latest chapters he went too much moe and she ended up looking a bit like an ayy lmao, but his drawings of her are still very beautiful.

@STING380: it was the Skull Knight line to Guts about how the world is a river, the Causality is the moon and the human struggling in that world is merely a shadow of the moon. No matter how the moon reflection changes its shape, the moon stays the same. The shadow will always be a shadow, it cant escape the water surface, just like Causality is inevitable no matter how humans struggle. Guts, on the other hand, could be a fish that can leap out of the water, and may have the ability to change the Causality itself. There are lots of interpretation for that dialogue, but that’s my take with it.

The decision of Guts saving Casca in this scene also takes us back to Skull Knight’s talk with Gus about him having to choose between protecting Casca and continuing with his revenge. His action interrupts the Causality in progress. This action may still falls within the boundary of the Causality, as a fish can only breaks the water surface for so long before it falls back. However, it still causes a disturbance to the flow of fate, and more importantly it serves a big role in Guts’ character development. He finally found his answer, he’s the fish that breaks the water.

casca is out of this world
no a single signal 24/7
until she is getting r@ped
the she goes 4G/5G

Dex-chan lover
I haven't read the chapter yet, but I like the title, it makes me think of what the skeleton knight said about the moon, the water and the fish wich is not bound to the shadow of the moon.

Users who are viewing this thread