Berserk - Vol. 35 Ch. 307 - Falconia

Dex-chan lover
Where is the skull knight?
Even in the brightness of the new world people still, live in delusions.

From a Christian perspective, Griffith is a mixture of Lucifer, Moses and Eve all at the same time

Group Leader
I'm not entirely sure how to digest the end of this arc. The biggest thing for me is that it isn't a fantasy world, but an alternate earth. Falconia is Rome, we can see the edge of Europe in the globe shot a few chapters back, and Skelling is presumable the Isle of Skellig Michael in Ireland. It's like this changes everything, now it's all linked to real entities. You could say this is a similar revelation (but opposite) to what those in the fictional world are experiencing, but it's a bit brash

Fed-Kun's army
I'm not entirely sure how to digest the end of this arc. The biggest thing for me is that it isn't a fantasy world, but an alternate earth. Falconia is Rome, we can see the edge of Europe in the globe shot a few chapters back, and Skelling is presumable the Isle of Skellig Michael in Ireland. It's like this changes everything, now it's all linked to real entities. You could say this is a similar revelation (but opposite) to what those in the fictional world are experiencing, but it's a bit brash
It seems unlikely that Falconia/Windam is Rome, considering the Vatican also exists and is somewhere else. Vatican nobles like the Vandimion family are clearly modeled after Italians, too, while Midlanders seem more likely to have Germanic influence. It could be possible that, if anything specific, they are loosely based on the Holy Roman Empire, whose Emperor was also crowned by the Pope.

I know I'm responding to an old post and this response may no longer be relevant, but oh well. Sometimes the communication in these comment sections can be pretty slow.

Fed-Kun's army
Man, Griffith wished for that castle so long and when he actually gets it, it's so ugly. It doesn't even look like a castle. He should get a refund.

Dex-chan lover
And of course anime jesus spawns in his kingdom out of nowhere
Forget "heavy handed" this is "fisting my butthole"

Users who are viewing this thread