Berserk - Vol. 41 Ch. 363 - Leaping Monkey

Very nice chapter, thank you EG! Been a while since there was straight out gag comedy in Berserk.

Dex-chan lover
@Mother_Mushroom yes, the art quality went to hell since that whole thing happened when Griffith merged the fantasy world with reality. The drawing switched from traditional art to digital, and so a lot of quality was lost. It's still very good for a manga, but nowhere near as godlike as before.

And man, what a waste of a chapter. We've waited how many months just to see an irrelevant character being a jerk everywhere? I guess Miura didn't want to think on how to advance the plot this time.

@Mother_Mushroom @Kromwulf

I don't think the art has gotten worse. I think it adapted to the place where they are now.
This is a fairy island of "peace and love" so we get a more "bright" art style. In the past, when Guts was running around killing people left and right, the art was "darker" to symbolise the all the "doom" that was looming around him.

But that is just my analyses.

Rather than worse it's more in relation to the setting of where we're currently at. It's gotten softer in a sense.

Aggregator gang
Honestly... The only relevant part of this chapter was the final 2 pages.

I wonder how Casca will react to Moonlight boy now that her lucidity has returned.

I guess we'll find out 16 months from now.

Contributor
I like the Chapter, I like to read your comments guys and I would like to be alive in 2024 so I can read a new Chapter full of Loli butts.

For some reason I feel like Griffith's defeat relies on Guts letting go of his obsession towards Griffith. I know Griffith's all "I'm above my petty feelings towards you Guts and will now take over the world" but I really feel like it's because he knows that Guts has strong feelings towards Griffith and is thinking about Griffith constantly. Even the ceremony towards making Griffith a God also happened to be how to make Guts hate him as much as possible.

I think Griffith will start to show some real weaknesses if Guts moves on from him at least as coming from the standpoint of emotional stability. Hell, it may even affect his powers too.

Dex-chan lover
I don't care that it was mostly comedy and gags.

I'm just glad to see more of Guts' gang after so long. I'm so glad Griffith was just an afterthought in this chapter.

There's really something about both the art and the writing going to shit in the recent years.
Maybe the author should just drop it already if he doesn't want to continue it anyway, and he clearly doesn't want to.

Dex-chan lover
I don't get why people are so hung up on the pages being what they are. Berserk has been half grimdark, half comedy since Guts started travelling with his little troupe of friends, there. It's still great. I'm enjoying the levity.

its fun seeing you fucks being all salty and shit and not realising that the mangaka does not give a fuck about anything and is probably just having fun, im sure he has an actual job somewhere and he's just doing this for fun or smt

Users who are viewing this thread