Berserk - Vol. 41 Ch. 363 - Leaping Monkey

Dex-chan lover
Miura you're giving me damning depression with these garbage ass chapters, It's like I'm watching the Walking dead at the current state of this manga.

@jak
@EKappaZ
@Mudsaur
@thegoatrider

In Japan, 'Star Wars' was a huge deal back in the early 1980s during what Japanese manga/anime/game historians refer to as the 'ロリコンブーム', and one could say there was a 'Star Wars' boom going on at the same time, heavily influencing the kind of comics and manga young artists wanted to create. One only has to seek out scans of old magazines like 'Lemon People' (レモンピープル) to get a sense of how deep an impression Star Wars left back then. For example, instead of being a proper adaptation of the OG science fiction 'Lensman' books, the 'Lensman' animated movie (SF新世紀 レンズマン) felt more like an animation of 'Star Wars'. In addition, the most beloved Japanese computer game company 'Nihon Falcom' (日本ファルコム) named itself after the Millennium Falcon, which is also what Miura named the 'Band of the Falcon' after (it took him a while to fully insert the 'Milllennium' part into Berserk). Unfortunately western fan translators missed this reference despite the God-hand being designed after the villains from the 'Hellraiser' movie.

Essentially, Miura has been inserting 'Star Wars' references into his manga almost from the very beginning.

Loving the star wars references.
So Griffith (Moonlight Boy) is now on Elfhelm, I wonder what will happen next?

Aggregator gang
@Taruby I’ve noticed the multitude of references Miura puts in berserk, was just pointing out the sudden and large amount of Star Wars within this particular chapter.

Kinda gotta agree. Kinda appalled with how unappreciative a lot of folks are. Glad to see something other than just grimdark, more choppy more slicey. This chapter got some good laughs out of me.

Absolutely annoyed by the negative responses to this chapter. Berserk has always had content like this - you need the happy, silly, fun moments to make the darker moments that much more impactful when that happiness is ripped away. These moments are actually what elevates Berserk above other dark manga - you feel the weight behind every loss because you know what these characters mean to one another. I love this chapter. Another great addition to one of the best manga of all time.

guys no you’re supposed to be grateful for this shitty filler chapter with super duper Star Wars references!!!!!!!!!!! Omg how dare you even consider criticizing miura-sama...

Fed-Kun's army
i'm so used to waiting forever for berserk chapter that i don't even care if it's filler or not as long it's out LOL

Guys, if we get the raw drawings of this chapter, how much do you think the drawings are precise, I could swear I can see every thin line over peoples bodies, especially clothes and armor...

Users who are viewing this thread