Best Friends - Vol. 2 Ch. 8

Why people continue to believe this series is not a romance-yuri? I missed any information?
Good chapter by the way, totally built to make us feel bad until the end of course, right down to the guy's stupid words. I hope the next one will bring us some light.

Dex-chan lover
Bruh, that was an overreaction. Yes you shouldn’t be too selfish but it makes sense that you’d feel sad and left out if they stopped spending as much time with you.

Of course, what she feels probably isn’t simply platonic, but still. Hope she’s able to work things out. I’m not a fan of ‘rival types’ that just get villainized. I hope all three can be happy even if its not together

Dex-chan lover
Ugh, that idiot! I already wanted those two guys to vanish before, now I want to obliterate them myself!

Oof. I do love that they caution against dependence but ironically, it's the other girl who's monopolizing Satsuki. MC has to ensure she's getting her little bit of time even if that means asking for it!

Dex-chan lover
@Arkosya Nobody says it is "not yuri". The point is that this series is trying too hard to put an emphasis on their friendship and friendly experiences, which seems weird in the context of the alleged author's intentions. So I jokingly called it trying to write the gayest non-gay manga, lol. And since female friendship in Japanese fiction very often works according to Po's law (when the context is difficult to define without direct indication), it becomes very akward.

@Cornonthekopp I don't see anything non-platonic about feeling uncomfortable when someone tries to "steal" your best friend. Especially when you a shy person and accustomed to satisfy the need for communication with her. It's like half of the shippers don't have real-life friends and have never felt that way. On the other hand, a lot in this manga looks like a cliche from the collection "first gay love", but for some reason the author constantly stops at a decisive moment and turns to friendship route. I wouldn't even notice it, but because of her targeting manga as Yuri, it looks very strange.

I would think that she meant "yuri as emotional connections between girls", but as far as I know, such works are not officially called Yuri.

Fed-Kun's army
Indelible, what a wonderful word.

Kururin is a major ass!

@SuperOniichan
I think Nettaigyo wa Yuki ni Kogareru tops my ranking for gayest non-gay manga, I'm quite convinced Konatsu and Koyuki are having a romance just without most physical aspects.

Fed-Kun's army
hufff ...wrong persons to ask...these guys messing Toro-chan's mind..
thanks for the chap..

Dex-chan lover
@Stormtomte You may not believe it, but I've seen this work so often among the yuri fans I know that I was literally stunned when they told me that this was not an official yuri and that fans could still argue about it. Even mangadex or Japanese wikipedia has doubts about it lol. However, Japanese shops often put this or Watamote in the yuri section anyway, as it makes money well yuri fandom

Aight am about to destroy this gril one wrong move gril and you dare make toro sad ima get yo butt beaten and also thanks for the chapter

Este tipo es un idiota -.-, alguien con sentido común sabe que está hablando de sí misma y al saberlo debería hablar con sutileza.-.

Bruh as a person that has a very close friend to me and doesn't have much time to hang out, this is completely normal. Of course unlike Tororo, I don't have romantic feelings (or well if she has romantic feelings), but it's not pure jealousy and selfishness. It's just being sad that you don't get to hang out with your friend that much anymore.

It's like when you usually play a game together but they start playing less and less with you which makes it a bit different since you guys are more used to the play style of each other. It starts to get a bit weird to not have that person beside you in team fights since it's like telepathy when you're with them and it just feels way more comfy.

In the end, Tororo shouldn't think too much about it and just talk to Satsuki. Ask her when she's free cuz she's been missing her and want to hang out with her once in a while. It's fine to admit when you're lonely cuz your friend ain't around (or your crush idk.)

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter! Finally! True feelin... but if we look at chapter 7, ending may be not so happy

Users who are viewing this thread