Best Friends

Supporter
I'm definitely putting this on my list of manga that is waiting for content to build up, so I can come back in a few months and read the comments about the latest volume before continuing. I just cannot handle it otherwise. This kind of stuff really bothers me with thoughts that stick around for far too long.

But, I did want to thank you sincerely for translating this and for your ongoing efforts. It is very much appreciated. The story has been great so far, so I'm glad that you picked it up.

I think it's interesting how stories that we all know are fictional seem so real to us that we can't just easily dismiss them. Some ancient connection between humans and storytelling that makes us identify with made-up people as much as real ones.

[/SPOILER So I searched deeply about the situation with V6 and apparently the author received big backlash even on twitter was mentioned by alot of yuri fans who had 20k followers and such and that they were disappointed because they bought it as yuri manga as it is marketed to be aimed as if both the 2 girls will be in relationship so when V6 released it reached to point some people warning on twitter to not buy the book the author despite the backlash didn’t reply ]

Double-page supporter
[/SPOILER So I searched deeply about the situation with V6 and apparently the author received big backlash even on twitter was mentioned by alot of yuri fans who had 20k followers and such and that they were disappointed because they bought it as yuri manga as it is marketed to be aimed as if both the 2 girls will be in relationship so when V6 released it reached to point some people warning on twitter to not buy the book the author despite the backlash didn’t reply ]
Yeah. I saw that while I was looking into the situation when I was releasing chapters. I’m very interested to see where volume 7 ends up

I thought this series was abandoned for some reason, but I couldn't forget about it, their quirky friendship was too memorable.

Thanks so much to the scanlators for picking this up again! Somehow I also missed that the author is Oshima Towa, she's done it again!

Aggregator gang
I simultaneously despise Juri for being a Nepo baby who fucks around and expects everyone who isn't her to do the finding out, AND the strawman she is being used to create about people who want to challenge Japan's psychotic devotion to conformity and utilitarianism.

Congratulations author, you've shoved a pinecone made of razorblades into an otherwise pretty chill story.

Dex-chan lover
After reading almost all comments... So It's Yuri or no? Can't find the answer to this simple question.

After reading almost all comments... So It's Yuri or no? Can't find the answer to this simple question.
To answer your question, what isn't so simple, because it depends on how you accept hetero interference in Yuri mangas.

But first I haven't read it, as I absolutely hate it when MCs in yuri mangas gets into a hetero relationship (even more when it is abusive) at one point or a hetero relationship is mentioned all the time, like pressuring MC into getting a BF, etc. (when it is not tagged as yuri, I don't care)

Now to the context, it looks like one MC gets into a hetero relationship, that's why it is yuribait/ hetero NTR for some and feels ike being slapped into the face, even more when the previous volumes are more on the yuri fluff side.
I guess it still "counts" as yuri because the other MC still loves her and safes the other from her abusive hetero relationship and the end is yuri.
But remind that this is only on assumptions I got from the spoilers I'm this comment section, so take it as you want, I only wanted to give my view on this situation, and I won't read it because of that hetero relationship, there are enough of yuri mangas without such an arc.

Dex-chan lover
To answer your question, what isn't so simple, because it depends on how you accept hetero interference in Yuri mangas.

But first I haven't read it, as I absolutely hate it when MCs in yuri mangas gets into a hetero relationship (even more when it is abusive) at one point or a hetero relationship is mentioned all the time, like pressuring MC into getting a BF, etc. (when it is not tagged as yuri, I don't care)

Now to the context, it looks like one MC gets into a hetero relationship, that's why it is yuribait/ hetero NTR for some and feels ike being slapped into the face, even more when the previous volumes are more on the yuri fluff side.
I guess it still "counts" as yuri because the other MC still loves her and safes the other from her abusive hetero relationship and the end is yuri.
But remind that this is only on assumptions I got from the spoilers I'm this comment section, so take it as you want, I only wanted to give my view on this situation, and I won't read it because of that hetero relationship, there are enough of yuri mangas without such an arc.
Thank you! I'll not xD I hate this kind of... You saved my time and the most important! My mental health :thumbsup:

Thank you! I'll not xD I hate this kind of... You saved my time and the most important! My mental health :thumbsup:
No problem, I see it the same way and brothers and sisters needs to watch their backs^^
Imo if you want such an arc in a yuri manga, it should be at the start as the "kickstarter" of their relationship and also done in a few chapters, so that it still is yuri and not bait for a long time.

Aggregator gang
But remind that this is only on assumptions I got from the spoilers I'm this comment section,
so i really wanna know which panel says that satsuki ends with a girl. i saw vol 7 and neither of the two were with a girl friend. it's such a shit yuri manga tbh. unless you dont mind hetero then cool for you. but this was tagged yuri and i expected it to end or at least be primarily yuri when it isn't. their latest works are just about hetero love lmao. so this author has gone away from yuri era. they prefer hetero shit now, as usual

so i really wanna know which panel says that satsuki ends with a girl. i saw vol 7 and neither of the two were with a girl friend. it's such a shit yuri manga tbh. unless you dont mind hetero then cool for you. but this was tagged yuri and i expected it to end or at least be primarily yuri when it isn't. their latest works are just about hetero love lmao. so this author has gone away from yuri era. they prefer hetero shit now, as usual
Great, it is even worse than I thought. I am really glad I dodged that yuri-bait shit show and never started to read it.
Also as I mentioned in my earlier comment it was pure assumption on my part after reading the other comments and it was the most logical follow-up to still call it yuri, so I can't give you a panel or something else. You have read it so you know a lot more about this trash than me xD

Users who are viewing this thread