Beta site (v3) going live soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the main page that lists updates, I actually prefer the way the current site has the format, rather than the beta site. Having an option to use the current site's format, with the follow tab as an addition would be nice. Not sure if that's planned yet or not.

I mean for the main page. I can see an option in your follows list(via user button -> MDList) to make displayed in an "expanded list" style, which I like, but I am not seeing a way to make the main page show like that.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
Alternatively you can click the "Latest updates" link on the front page to see an old style list of the updates

I have yet to find a single long-strip format work that isn't reduced to 3mm in width on this site. If there is supposed to be a flag for it, uploaders are not using it.

Not sure if someone mentioned it before but I think this feature could be useful.
When you want to follow some normal title or hentai title, they are grouped in same follows page. Why not split it for follows / follows (hentai)?

And another suggestion which I don't know if it can work or not... Putting notification when following artist/author so if someone upload a translated title of said artist/author, it notifies the user.
A example for this: You follows author Toriyama Akira who does Dragon Ball, it doesn't notify you until he publishes a new title like Dragon Ball Super and someone upload the title and this is when the site notifies you he published a new work. It doesn't notify you from new chapters, only other titles of said author/artist not already in site.

Dex-chan lover
Can you add this tooltip thingy that appears if you hover over a link in the follow page too?
5VHkc0b.jpg

The main page already have it, and it would really helps to see the full title since the likes of danmachi have few spin-off that only differ in the last couple words.

Group Leader
Just dropped by to mention that the default scanlation group doesn't automatically show up as the Default Group 1 in the beta Upload page even if there's already one set in the Upload settings.

Thanks as always.

I'm a heavy user of my current site, it isn't the most scrupulous and so if this one can make my experience enjoyable and easy, I might just move on over. What I need is when visiting the latest update page (your homepage), I need to see the cover of the manga, title and a brief summary. I maybe too late in requesting this, perhaps I'm the umpteenth person to ask or maybe I'm unusual, for checking my manga site everyday to see what is new and if I'd like to read any of them. But having all that information in the same place makes it a lot more convenient for me as a reader. Thank you and have a great day.

rdn

Forum Admin
Staff
Developer
@Darwinist i think the best chance is to make a new thread over at https://mangadex.org/forum/10/suggestions and use the tag [BETA] in your title and repost your suggestion there

Custom title
Staff
Developer
@Darwinist posted:

I'm a heavy user of my current site, it isn't the most scrupulous and so if this one can make my experience enjoyable and easy, I might just move on over. What I need is when visiting the latest update page (your homepage), I need to see the cover of the manga, title and a brief summary. I maybe too late in requesting this, perhaps I'm the umpteenth person to ask or maybe I'm unusual, for checking my manga site everyday to see what is new and if I'd like to read any of them. But having all that information in the same place makes it a lot more convenient for me as a reader. Thank you and have a great day.
Printing detailed information about every single manga right on the frontpage when its primary function is to just list the latest updated chapters would take a lot of space for no good reason.

Instead, you could get pretty much the same effect by checking the titles in for example Detailed or Expanded view. They get listed based on the latest update by default.

I don't know if this is just me or not.

I'm using the latest Chrome. Whenever I click BBcode button on comments, my previously typed text is gone. Then when I click the button again, the previously typed BBcode is multiplying. I don't know what's going on.

This is what I mean. I only did that with clicking 8 buttons. Bold, Italic, Underline, strikethrough, emoticon, spoiler, code, and quote.
B8PvM.png

Thanks.

Dex-chan lover
Hello. Was wondering if there is any chance to be able to list by Rating/Follows/Views/Latest Updated/Whatever when doing a search instead of it just popping up in a random order. Cheers.

is a Reindeer
VIP
@Chet31 You can sort by all of those by clicking that thing in the top right of the search and changing your view mode to simple list or expanded list.

Dex-chan lover
@Plykiya Ah, thought it was only for visual things, thanks. On the beta site, searching for Isekai and then using all the different view modes work, but current, only Detailed and Expanded List works, while Simple and Grid just goes " Notice: There are no titles found with your search criteria. You can add the title here." Checked other genres, they seem to work. Don't know if it matters, just thought I should mention it.

My bad if this has already been posted. How about a "Coming soon" tab under latest updates. For all the delayed chapters with a direct link to the group site, so that you can read the chapter on their site.

I'm not sure what's the cause but sometimes when i turn the page(while reading a chapter) it freezes my chrome for good 3s. Haven't tried if it happens in other browsers but in previous beta versions it never happened nor does it happen when i'm using the none beta site.

Last manga read would be a great addition imo. Having a hard time finding some mangas i read the other day even when i have them bookmarked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread