Beware of the Brothers! - Vol. 1 Ch. 41

Dex-chan lover
For every relashionship to work (or to end one properly) there's just one secret that would make those stories really short: Communication.

If the brothers keep this up it will only make Hari feel like an outsider again.

Thanks for the update!

@Merodia I think she was Eugene’s (the eldest brother’s) fiancée. Not sure tho, but she’s the only girl I remember, except for the blue haired one that called her unni and fangirled her.

i got past their relationship as family, but I'm finding Eugene to be unlikeable. His overall attitude is so confusing, misleading, and his behaviour will cause many misunderstandings in the future. I don't really see any ML worthy traits in him.

Poor mr. Guard.
I think there're assassination send by rival or smth so they need to guard hari 24/7 and the maid one of assassin.

Wtf my mind is running wild
Dunno anymore. I think i should sleep

Zmk

They surely are unknowingly jealous of the guard or has a prejudice against him since he gets to "spend time" with Hari almost 24/7.

I first thought it was weird that Enrich liked her. But I guess he still recognises and acknowledges the difference between his twin sister and Hari. His twin sister is still his precious sister that he considered to be very close to. So it makes sense that he sees Hari as a completely different individual, and also starts liking her for the individual she is. Being completely aware that they are close in age and not blood related.

Dex-chan lover
His over protectiveness is getting kind of creepy and there's no way she's that dense as a 20 something year old, why can she never put things together why is she always clueless

I don't really like that
Eugene
is the ml. Even the guard is better than him.

I feel so bad for the guard and the maid, being referred to as "what is that behind you?" is not nice at all!!

The reason I believe, if not mistaken, that the brothers kept hiding things from Hari is due to the societal norm that women shouldn't "know too much beyond their expertise". Women in the nobility were expected to "keep quiet and live like a princess", and I believe that the brothers wanted her to live a carefree life that women "appears to" or should have during that era. However, the author wanted to change this imposed role/image and prejudice on women throughout the story, that is why we can sympathize with Hari about her brothers' unjust decision to keep hiding things from her. We will have to wait and see. I hope this makes sense for those that are wondering!

Dex-chan lover
The atmosphere of the house is weirddddddd
He's like... trapping her!
Many thanks

@emily286 @JWChibi hmm she was hiding the fact the aunt was beating her earlier in the series right? And as shown with the hot tea being spilled she still says shes ok. They might think she won't tell them if shes hurting which might explain the weird atmosphere. (And lets not forget the mother gave her poison, and she nearly died outside another time.) I think the over protectiveness is a bit justified.

Edit: Also Eugene nearly chose to abandon her before, might be a bit of guilt on top of it too still.

they were so mean to the guard. they were jealous or something like that i guess, but it wasn't nice at all. thanks for the chapter!

Rosabella is Eugene's to-be finaceé, in case people were wondering (she's mentioned in chapter thirty-five).

Poor Edan. 😭 He's like a big puppy. Ernst Brothers, I love you all, but stop being mean to Edan—he did nothing wrong.

On a more serious note, I think the situation with the Ernest House is probably more dangerous than it seems. The brothers are probably trying not to scare Hari, but it definitely comes off as needlessly overprotective when she's not in the know (it'd also explain why the younger brothers visited the house before she did). Here's hoping they'll get to talk it out soon (or at least give a darn good justification to Hari, via the truth).

@xennith sorry, but on which chapter the momther gave her poison? Because all I remember she only feeds her medicine and the candy the first daughter used to like ._.

Users who are viewing this thread