Beware of the Brothers! - Vol. 1 Ch. 7

@roxanneayy Thanks for your clarification. Like I said in my comment, at this point in time of the story I was confused about the motivations of the characters. We really only get a limited point of view through Hari’s adult mind, and how she looks back to events that have already occurred. Certainly she describes her traumatic memories, but we don’t really see it yet.

What we do see is that she is no longer afraid of the dog, is slightly annoyed by the doting parents, and sometimes sympathizes but otherwise tries to ignore the brothers. This may be attributed to the fact that Hari believes she is dreaming. I now believe that this was the author and artist’s intention for a more shocking and tragic reveal later on. Rest assure, the next few chapters have already enlightened me on the situation. If you haven’t read them yet, I hope you enjoy the story.

Fed-Kun's army
@Jessicazors ^^ yeah, after a couple chapters I also realized it was pointless to tag you since the story progressed so much. But as a general comment, I thought to just leave it so I didn't bother editing.

Contributor
Well, a slap is not bad sometime when children do something wrong, but maybe it was too much for a candy.
Especially in front of someone else, you feel pathetic.

Personally, I feel like the MC needs to try and look at these events from all angles. Especially since she's returned from the future. It's one thing to go through those situations as a child once, and revenge being on the mind is also understandable because of her circumstances. But she's an adult now, she should be able to see and realize things that she may have missed as a child the first time. Like how clearly these kids are feeling unloved possibly by their own parents in loo of this replacement of a beloved sibling who passed away. For gods sake, one was a twin! I can't fully agree with the MC's actions, she's the adult here now, and all she's doing is fanning the flames in the rift between child and parent. I highly disagree with that.

Aggregator gang
@MyLady I completely agree with you but all these guys are insensitive brats even after they become adults. They deserved a slap on the face. MC should not feel bad for them

lmfao this whole family is messed up and hari is the only regular one.... the three brothers relentlessly bully and harass her just for being alive. the parents aren't around enough to notice that their adoptive kid is being harassed. they also have something wrong with them if they picked some kid off the street to pose as their dead daughter.
this is so weird. what is up with the blushing and the weird atmosphere between the oldest son and hari? this is weird.

Fed-Kun's army
I'm guessing that the brothers eventually started to like her the first time around, but didn't know how to talk to her without bullying. Maybe that's why they helped arrange her marriage?
I just can't imagine them being so childish for over 20 years, and having her slowly realize this might make for some good character development.

Dex-chan lover
slap him again! fuck this kids, but the parents need a reality check, they need to realizse they are fucking up

Power Uploader
Am I the only one that has the feeling the older brother does like her in the first timeline? Tbh, we don't know what happened but doubt he would do so much work to make her a big part of the house to find a good husband if he hates her. I think losing his little sister, then seeing his parents replace your sister and act as the new girl is his sister can be bad if you are still working through your grieve and then they die and the older brother needs to lead the house and keep the brothers in check and all. Tbh, need to see more but think the problem is the family goes deep.

Fed-Kun's army
Seriously, what did these guys do to her when got older. All of this is mostly harmless kiddy stuff. Even the bit when she got left out in the cold showed they weren't psycho paths.

Edit: and after reading the comments, I think it needs to be made clear that we, the audience, have never seen what they did when older. We were just told by Hari that they were. But seeing them now, it feels like the author just wrote that in without any real plan to capitalize on it. They are normal kids.

Kids steal candy, they bully their younger siblings, and play pranks.

@Phelix I’m sorry but I completely disagree. I have three brothers and they have never treated me with the same malicious intent they treat her (even when we were younger). It’s not normal for kids to physically torment and mentally abuse their siblings

Yes, maybe kids bully their siblings but to the extent they do it is not normal or okay whatsoever.

Fed-Kun's army
@Manhwaaaa Well thank you for being respectful about it, but I will have to disagree.

This thing is normal, siblings-in general-will do these things. Especially under these particular circumstances, because they are children.

As is, looking at the extent of these children's bullying, the worst offender is Erich's prank that got her sick in the beginning and even he wasn't full on evil. He's just a kid who doesn't know any better about the consequences of his actions. Follow that is Eugene who only did one particular thing intentionally-but at least regretted it. With the least malicious being Cabel...who's Just a hyper active kid. It's not a matter of it being 'okay' just a question of 'how bad'. Kids fight, so long as they don't kill each other, let em.

Users who are viewing this thread