Beware of the Brothers! - Vol. 1 Ch. 9

idk how I feel about mc distancing parents off from their own kids even when she's aware of their deaths a year after. For a 27 year old, mc is kinda acting irrationally when compared to Leslie from Monster Duchess.

Dex-chan lover
You guys are forgetting that she didn't actually do these stuff in her previous life. She was meek and her brothers still bullied her for no reason, so I don't see the problem in getting some retribution this time around.

@Kutabarie you clearly don't understand that they lost their sister. Their own sibling died and their mother brought in another kid and tried to pretend like that girl is their sister. Maybe you just aren't mature enough to understand how fucked up this situation is but that's traumatizing. On top of that there is clear favoritism towards her. Obviously they feel pathetic and insecure. They don't feel loved and as an outcome they start to resent her. All the brothers are just kids and "bullying" her is their defense mechanism to their intense feelings since they can't deal with the reality. You can't just skim over this and justify it by "they were mean to her so she gets to be mean to them". She's 27 mentally so she should understand and sympathize instead of manipulating everyone. I love her character and everything but she isn't acting rationally.

while i think hari is great and i feel like she's justified in her anger against her brothers, she has to remember they're still children right now. they're younger and right now, i'm pretty sure their actions, while inexcusable, you can tell come from a place of hurt. like. literally some girl shows up and replaces their dead sister, and their parents show neglect towards them in turn of favouring her. I'm unsure as to how hari can't notice the clear jealous from the brothers, and how awful their parents are treating them right now. she's 27, even by teenage years most people could notice that there's something wrong with this family dynamic, especially with how the parents directly treat the brothers and dote on her. I can't blame the brothers for being mad since they're so young and right now it's very obvious Hari is manipulating her parents' affection (not calling Hari a bad person at all, I think her anger towards her brothers are justified, but only towards her older brothers when they should've been more mature about their emotions. Right now, she's mentally older, she should have better insight than a bunch of children).

Dex-chan lover
fuck these kids, yeah yeah they are just responding tpo the fucked up situation the parents created but they are lashing out to the wrong person, they should be assholes to the parents not to the random girl they bright in, according to the MC she almost dies a bunch of times so fuck those innocent jokes thing, do we even know how much time passed between the dead of the sister and the day they brought her in?, asyway fuck everyone except the MC, but she also needs to realise she isnt dreaming.

Fed-Kun's army
If you ask me i think the parents are to blame for all of this
Adopting a child off the streets because they look like their now deceased daughter before any of their sons has any time to properly mourn her death
they cant bear the pain of losing a child so much that they have to then insult that child by adopting another kid that looks like them, they are nice people but bad parents and honestly they shouldnt have introduced her to the brothers so soon
Let them mourn properly dammit
As for which of the kids are right?
The past brothers are in the wrong but present brothers arent that bad now that shes basicly 27 years old, she should be mature enough to forgive the children who just got their beloved dead sister replaced
The brothers cant take take their anger out on the parents because they love them, in their eyes hari is the one disrupting the family because she came out of nowhere and replaced arina, at present hari isnt much in the wrong, she is completely justified to retaliate but shouldnt take it too far
And the brothers should blame the parents more, instead of mourning properly they adopted hari who now because the brothers have something to vent on instead of mourning a healthy way like crying and being sad became a target

Im a pretty cold person but im confident in being able to pick up on these obvious hints if you disagree thats fine, its just a comic anyway <3

@babypyroshark I agree with you. As an adult she should know better and take the high road. I think it's fine for her to retaliate to their pranks, albeit to a reasonable extent. However that move of insisting on sitting next to the mother? That did not sit right with me because that messed with the kid emotionally. Especially when she knows the parents will die soon. An understanding adult would have tried to reconcile the relationships between the parents and their sons, to help heal the family, not manipulating the parents into doting on her more and consequently, neglecting and being stricter with the other kids.
This is a messed up situation and I pity all involved, especially the three brothers as they are the children here. They don't yet have the mental and emotional capacities to process and handle situations like the adults. Of course they would blame her for coming in between their family because of the clear favoritism. They would not think to blame their parents because they think she is stealing them away. And this feeling only intensifies with how things are going.
I hope she comes to understand them more and become kinder, which I think will happen considering her reactions in a few incidents.
Although I do think she doesn't give a hoot right now because she still thinks it's a dream with no bearing consequences.

i think adopting another child is fine, but adopting a child that looks just like your deceased child to replace them is messed up the parents shouldve thought about the brothers feelings and they even favor the adopted child more which is worse

I mean i understand why her brother dislike her, but well..

Anyway.. Great chapter! Thank you for the translation!

Fed-Kun's army
@Kutabarie I apologize for awakening this 7 month old comment, but I'm taking issue with this every chapter.

We are told her brothers were worse, but we never see it. All we are given is an adult burning bridges with the people she's going to spend another 20 yrs with instead of repairing and fortifying them. It's a mistake on the author's part, and honestly, I might not even feel bad for her if they're bullying escalates.

I feel bad for the kids. They are mourning the loss of their little sister and their parents went and found a replacement to ease their own pain. They can't just expect the other kids to accept Hari as their new replacement sibling like that. It's no wonder they act how they do.

she sure loves to lie to herself, and i rly feel bad for the kids, the parents are too biased and have not noticed they are making the kids relationship worsen

Fed-Kun's army
ohmygod what if—
what if this story makes it look like it's another revenge trope at first but along the way, now that she's more aware of things, she'll notice some fucked up shit and it's revealed that the parents are the ones that are fucked up
and she'll realize it and end up getting along with the brothers

MC is just terrorizing the kids now, and it's pretty weird and immature for someone who hates acting like a kid

Dex-chan lover
I wonder what they did to her later on. While i dont think MC is as awful as other comments (shes not 100% good person either), it feels like its more of a miscommunication problem between the parents and the brothers. The MC does what she does to see a reaction, but i dont think shes intentionally trying to make the family's relationship worse. (Shes enabling it tho i wont deny)

Users who are viewing this thread