Beware of the Brothers! - Vol. 2 Ch. 48

Man I'm not really into the idea of her and Eugene. Because she was adopted for her resemblence to his death sister.

Hahaha, seems like everyone's going to get their happy ending.

Usually, in these sorts of cases, I prefer the second male lead, but I'm fine for some reason with this development. Like in Inso's Law; I had to drop it because of a bad case of 2nd ML syndrome for the blue-haired dude. *sigh* And there was also A Stepmother's Marchen where I wanted the MC to end up with the Crown Prince even though he was insane... Yeah, I know, I have interesting tastes...

But this time, I weirdly am fine with Eugene. It just doesn't feel like incest, because they're not related. Also, it's just now that they're beginning to develop a romantic inclination towards each other, so no, it's REALLY not incest. Besides, you can tell that Hari is beginning to be slightly attracted to Eugene. Furthermore, she's also not particularly interested in Johan. At this point, she only looks to him as a brother or a close friend. Nothing more than that. Plus, Eugene never viewed Hari as a sister. I think that when you read the story again, it becomes clear that he never thought of Hari as a sister. He just liked her like you would a close friend. Categorizing that because they were 'adopted siblings' isn't really right cuz it's not what's happening in this case.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

@gasky she doesn’t look like their dead sister tho they only have the same hair color or eyes abut they look completely different it’s even described like that in the novel

@The_Crimson_Moon WTFFF SAME I DROPPED INSO BC THE FUCKING AUTHOR BAITED US SO HARD

I WAS 99% SURE BLUE HAIR WAS THE ML AND THEN ALL THESE SPOILERS IN THE COMMENT SECTION IS LIKE “uHhhh aCtuAllY aCcOrdInG tO mY calCuLatIons”

WHAT KIND OF EVIL HUMAN BEING IS THE AUTHOR 😭 it was sooo good too but i literally cannot read it anymore

and i completely agree. in the other timeline they all hated each other, and all of a sudden hari is thrown back into the past. from the beginning eugene disliked her, then saw her as some cute kid who was kinda pitiful because their mom was forcing his dead sister into hari. which i think is part of the reason he never saw hari as a sister, and right after that it was romantic feelings so no incest here. even now i feel like the hari and her “brothers” are more like modern era best friends between guys and girls. but only because she was adopted are people like “oh they’re siblings”

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

i think it can be inferred that eugene was always kinda romantically inclined to her, even in the past timeline (she mentioned he had times where he was really kind and held her hand and talked to her and all that). im not a fan of "well adopted siblings arent REALLLLY siblings they dont share blood" bc well. you can be family without being blood related. and hari is certainly family to at least erich (cabel i feel like has some weird possession stuff going on LOL Im glad he isn't the ML at least). i think this series barely gets a pass from me (bc hari treats them all like family so im still iffy....) but it's on thin ice....I really wish the ML was Johan but instead he kinda gets the brother treatment, ironically LOL

Personally I'm not really bothered by the idea of Hari and Eugene. I get that many people bring up them growing up together as siblings but the strangeness of that scenario depends on the parties involved having fully considered each other as siblings, never having thought of the other person as anything but. However, I don't really feel that's the case here.
First, Hari didn't join the family at infancy, she was old enough to remember life before the Ernst's, and this is certainly the case for Eugene. Moreover, even though Hari has spent two lives growing up around Eugene, the 1st round she felt more like a stranger than a sister and the 2nd time she's coming in with the mindset of an adult so she isn't developing a family bond the way child does. For Eugene on the other hand, he was around 11 or 12 I think when he first met Hari, so again past that formative family feeling, and he also held a grudge against her initially so there definitely wasn't sisterly affection.

As for when we had that touching scene where the brothers accepted Hari, I think that was more them accepting her as a person in their lives. Yes, everyone has accepted playing the roles of siblings, after all that's what's expected and they do feel close, but especially for Eugene and Hari it's never been a normal brother sister relationship. Plus honestly, the way the story focused on Eugene since the beginning, I thought it was pretty obvious he was going to be male lead so I've never looked at them as siblings either.
At least that's my 2 cents 😄

@WhimsiCat ye ik im saying it would be weird because she legit looks like his bio sister. Example: if you have a sibling would you date/marry someone that looks exactly or very similar to said sibling

Eh...
Considering Hari is supposed to look very closely to Eugene's blood-related sister, it just...feels weird? I know looks aren't everything, but it just...I dunno, feels weird. Considering how many isekai/reincarnation manhwa make brother-sister sibling relationship a siscon trope, it's just an odd change of pace. It's not enough to make me drop the series or anything, my brain just feels it's wrong (and maybe slightly unfair, because I really like the other ML much more, and Eugene has an upper hand considering they're family so they will always see each other, talk on the regular, etc.)

So, Eugene will be ml???? I think im gonna drop this, feel so weird seeing Hari together with Eugene as a couple... i know they not blood related 😔

I don't understand how anyone thought blue hair was the ML lol. It was obvious for me that he was a just a foil character.

@aeriandra Yeah, that's how I interpreted it too. Just because they called each other "brother" and "sister" (although actually she calls him "oppa" which is subtly different) doesn't mean they actually had a sibling relationship. Especially since Eugene resented her at the beginning and then Hari left the estate for several years.

Dex-chan lover
@JelloYello :
Do you pick your friends/acquaintances based on appearance instead of who they are?

Eugene fell in love with Hari for who she is, not because she's his sister or how she looked.
It was rather obvious he was doing this for her not as a brother considering the lengths he's gone for her.

Also isn't it rather ironic that this chapter mentioned the fallen villainess who attacked Hari based on her background and now we have people thinking she should be with someone besides Eugene not because Eugene is a bad person or she dislikes him (if anything the opposite on both)

this was the route i was dreading. pseudo incest. faaaantaaaasticccc... god i hope the ML miraculously switches to Johan

ic the author created an opportunity for Eugene and Rosabella to seperate by first showing that the crown prince likes her, and then boom Eugene and Hari together
that is how the story is suppose to go right?

Users who are viewing this thread