Beware of the Brothers! - Vol. 2 Ch. 53

Dex-chan lover
The only person i'm really sympathizing with at this point is Johan - he's a sweet boy, he didn't need this.

I'm a bit disappointed that she doesn't like Johan anymore while he still likes her back but bc Rosabella and Eugene don't like each other, I think it's somehow acceptable that the mc approaches him idk

I would prefer the "The Viridescent Crown" where you can't even feel any guilt that they are step brother and step sister (of course, they're not blood related). Because in the first place, he never considered her as a family and as a sister, but he treated her as a woman and the head (temporary) of the family

Now, since Hari considered him as a brother since she was 7 or 8 years old (I forgot), and also her brothers' considered her as a biological sister. So there's a big "AWKWARDNESS" that we are considering here. This is just my opinion, pls. don't hate me.

I'm really hoping for Johan to be the one she chooses, but that feels like it won't happen. TBH I stay here for the drama, but anytime Eugene and Hari interact in any "romantic" way I just cringe. They have been together since she was 6, and even more, time since she went back in time, I don't feel Hari could have any romantic feelings for Eugene. What's that? +30 years thinking of him as your brother? Eeehh-- Not seeing chemistry there. But oh well, we all know how this will end.

It's so sad that the idea of adopted siblings/not blood-related siblings is still used for romantic relationships. It invalidates so many people's experiences, and frankly, it's not romantic nor cute. Adopted siblings are still siblings, just family. Idk, maybe it's just me hoping to see platonic/familial love between them and leading happy lives without having to result in incest.

When it's a family relationship that started very young it just so weird for it to go romantically

Playing devil's advocate here, she never considered them her real brothers in her first life, just bullies really, or a necessary evil to put up with in order to live well. And you could argue that those years during her first life were her formative years. It shaped how she would view them from then on. Also, Eugene was taken out of the picture fairly early on in this life as well.

I don't agree with what I just wrote, but it is another way of viewing things.

And tbh, ethically there's nothing wrong with two siblings (biological or otherwise) getting together so long as there is no power imbalance, coercion, or reproduction. Socially, in our modern age, it's iffy. Edit: consenting adults obviously, which they both are/will be soon

Personally, I'd like her to go with Johann, but Korean authors seem to really like the fmaily-turned-romantic right now

Group Leader
@idelvice: I totally understand, I have the same problem with this manhwa. But it's an interesting story, so I'm going to keep following it. We'll see what happens.
Thanks for the chapter! 😊

the one i'm rooting for the most is rosabella tbh i hope she has a really happy ending ;A;
i wonder if rosabella harbors romantic feelings for anyone? by the way she talked it could be like that or simply that maybe when she was a kid she wondered how it would be to fall in love. do your best, my girl!!

Dex-chan lover
@nutshellkelp Ya, while I dunno about calling it incest, I guess because they grew up since kids together it's still weird.

@Temchie Yep lol. She has way more chemistry imo with the former fiance or even the prince or, hell, if it must go pseudo-incest, the other freaking brothers XD

@idelvice Well said really, i have the exact same opinion with you.
When i choose to read this manhwa, i was hoping for cute family relationship between her and the brothers, i never thought that it would turn out this way.
I just feels weird. And you know what, in the future ep (i saw the raw)

there will be a scene where Hari comfort Eugene and it became the turning point where Eugene would develop his feelings even further and straight forward. There's a scene where he even kiss her hair

I like this manhwa but I really find the way its turning weird since we saw them grow as siblings they arent blood related but still is like the family relationship they had turning into a romantic one feels like incest.

hari and eugene: "what is this feeling?"
readers: "incest"

i dont think this is incest buts it's definitely incesty

@Lalaland612
that's why I dropped this (dropped on chapter 53). Someone from mangadex reader also sent me a spoiler... so I'm quite sad right now. I'll just focus now to Ran and Yustav. Because literally, they have more chemistry rather than Eugene and Hari.

Yustav and Ran for the WIN! (I recommend you to read " The Viridescent Crown") *wink wink*

Hearig a lot about Viridescent Crown in the comments here, I decided to take a look to see what's different.
I was already quite uneasy with Hari and Eugene before that, but it's clearer now compared to how there's absolutely no awkwardness in VC.
However, I just feel it's the way the story is told that makes the atmosphere different.
Effectively, here from the beginning we're told Hari and the three boys are growing up in an environment where everyone considers them as blood-related, themselves included. They are acting like actual siblings, whether in VC they're constantly reminded of the non-existent blood-relationship between them and grew up quite separated, not even having parents for long. It's easier for us to make a separation in this atmosphere, rather than in BoB where just like everyone in the story we're pushed to consider them as siblings from the start, even they aren't.
I think.

I'll still read this tory however, even if it makes me cringe sometimes, cuz like I said previously I wanna see how author-nim will make it happen, that weird love. Maybe I'll be unexpectedly able to accept it if it's brought in a natural enough way.

I kinda understand with everyone elses here are complaining about this whole manhwa being incesty, though I personally don't really mind about it since they're not blood related.
I actually like reading step siblings romance ONLY IF they don't really growing up together since they're young, for example the most common trope is through remarriage where both mcs brought together due to remarried parents when they're already grown ups in highschool/college age, so technically they're still strangers who forced to become siblings.
Let's see for a couple of chapters more, I saw some spoilers that they will have a lot of scenes together in the future so I'm hoping their chemistry will be a lot more prominent later on

Fyi, and yeah the couple from Viridescent Crown have a lot more chemistry to compare with the MCs❣️

Users who are viewing this thread