Beware of the Brothers!

@Pyrotrap
If you want similar manga, I would suggest The Monster Duchess and the Contract Princess, Ascendance of a Bookworm, Futago no Ane ga Miko toshite Hikitorarete Watashi wa Suterareta kedo Tabun Watashi ga Miko de Aru, Negative Hero and the Demon Lord Army Leader, and to a lesser extent Lady Baby, Beatrice, and the Small Sage Will Try Her Best from Level 1. Monster Duchess, in particular, is a fantastic read. Also if you just like the child protag shoujo aspect of this, I also recommend reading Who made me a princess, as it is coincidentally set in the same world and is done by the same illustrator.

I disagree that she's acting like a brat.

Imagine being brought into a new house- not knowing anything about the family dynamics. Never having experienced being part of a family. Nobility. Or having siblings.

*Hard enough*

THEN having to balance NOT being a too constant reminder of a dead girl. A TWIN?! Permanently remembered as being the epitome of 'perfection' and 'innocence' in everyone's mind
AND your new mum is suffering from grief and mental illness. AND your new dad definitely is still grieving and prone to bursts of random anger.

😰
....This is too much for any child, adult, or even a bloody alien to bear.

While I'm glad we're getting more of an understanding of the backstory- particularly the brothers and the reasoning for their behaviour. Their behaviour was cruel. Constant. Unrelenting. Like if I was Hari I would have run away a loonnngggg time ago.

Then Hari (1st life) finally tastes potential freedom only to be sent back! [Not a spoiler- literally the premise of the story haha]

☹😰🤯😬🤮🤬

Universe... 👏🏽Bruh... 👏🏽Allow it. 🙄

Hari's behaviour in her 2nd life is totally understandable. She's done. Resentful. Tired. Annoyed at being ill. Annoyed at being a child again. Frustrated at having to go through all the bullying again. And desperate to have some kind of positive dynamic in the household- Any.

People who are bullied or abused (and I would term the boys treatment as such) don't always react as those objectively might term as in the right way. They do what they need to survive🤷🏻‍♀️

If anyone's to blame it's the parents. A LOT of counselling is needed. For them both. For the whole family.

This is a story of grief and persevance.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk. 💃🏽🙇🏽‍♀️😬

This series makes me want to bawl because if all the feels being tossed around 😭😭😭

I’m happy that Johan has a backbone. I was scared he was gonna be a total pushover.

@DeltaBlade
Thanks for the suggestions. I pretty much binge-read through everything except Beatrice and Who Made Me a Princess. (I had work for part of the day but it was slow so I was reading on my phone when I could).
Monster Duchess was pretty much exactly what I was looking for so I loved it.
I also especially liked Ascendance of a Bookworm (although I wasn't ready for the gut punch it gave me). I had come across that one before, but its cover and description reminded me of the potion seller manga which I didn't like so I never gave it a try.

Better than the daughter of the emperor (the Ariadna girl, not Athanasia) in progress.
Shared universe brought me to read this and still enjoyable without making excess characters

I honestly disagree with those who saying this is a rip off of monster duchess... Like what?? Which part is the same? The plot is clearly different to me. She is being adopted to a family in which the parents purely love her, except for the brothers. (While in monster duchess, the MC's family is really a trash who treat MC poorly just because of family's tradition, although thankfully MC is being adopted to a better family after that)
Back with this story, MC being a brat isn't a problem to me. In the first place, the brothers is the one who being a brat first, they hate her and she knows that. And I know the brothers aren't at really the one who fault because like MC said, they're still a children, they need a love from their mother and father, this is why I don't like the way their parents looks like love MC more than the brothers... It's kind of unfair, y'know? They should treat their children evenly :(... Okay back to MC being brat, even though she did that, but at least she feel guilty after seeing the third brother's crestfallen face and she give him a cotton candy as a part for cheering him up.
And for the first brother, I really like him, just because he realized MC is just a victim, just like them, and the moments when he decided to change his attitude towards her, he already get my appraisal for him :)
For the second brother, bruh, I have no words for him. He already annoyed me and he's just a type who more likely to use his muscle than his brain and he bullying sweet baby innocent Johan! Poor him Dx
While the third brother, no matter how much he prank or saying a bad things to MC, I just can't bring myself to hate him. To me, he's like a child who is throwing a tantrum. And it's funny when he thought the dog will be taken away from him just because he see his dog being so friendly with MC xD
I just hope in the future, the brothers will be more mature as the time passed...
And I'm kinda curious as how to story will progress... well, let's wait for it, shall we? :)

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

thank you for the chapter. THough you got one sentece sounding wierd. When the parents told cable that he was in trouble.

Ooooow, Johannes is so sweet !!! 😭😭😭💜💜💚💚
At first when they were gonna get married I thought surely he was still single because of some sombre secret, but here we are and I understand it's just because he's so wonderful and amazing and no one deserves such a precious little boy !

Urm guys, Eugene is the best guy in this manhwa right?
I mean, he's the only one who really cares about Hari while their parents just using Hari as a substitute and keep on feeding those candy drugs to Hari (mom feed, dad turned blind eyes) . Eugene is the one who tries to protect Hari and changes the family for the better.
I feel sad for my baby Eugene and Hari 😢.

I think this is shared universe coz they live in the same country, dunno if they have the same timeline tho.

Users who are viewing this thread