Beware the Villainess! - Vol. 1 Ch. 31

Dex-chan lover
@funezcookie6 Seemed pretty in character to me. He did his homework and learned that Yona is from a fallen noble house and is a materialistic money-grubber. He’s also arrogant and petty and thinks he can buy his way out of anything with his immense riches, and they took advantage of that with their trap. Not to mention, he set up the rules of the match in a way that he believes the worst case scenario for him is that they’ll have to do a rematch, so he just has to keep playing rounds until he wins. He’s prideful enough that he thinks Yuri would want anything to do with him, and his hubris will be his downfall.

“They had us in the first half, I’m not gonna lie” im joking but yona’s so materialistic that a part of me kind of did XD

@nohabody I’d assume that Melissa is already giving her a huge salary plus her constant raises and bonuses that even if someone offered Yona a huge sum of money, even Yona would realize that it isn’t worth it to betray Melissa since she’ll have to give up her current salary AND deal with the Podebrats which is a gonna be a pretty big hassle, if she can handle it.

Dex-chan lover
@funezcookie6 she literally explains in the chapter that he gained an important piece of information on her by doing this. Her having a magic sword is a big plot point now, and Peacock can simply sell that information to-- well, anyone else.

Supporter
I mean, one nice thing about a smart, money loving servant is that they are predictable. Chances are good that as long as you can ensure long term employment that is above most others they will probably stay loyal. Smart being they key point IMO. A smart servant will go for the long term investment rather than a quick flip. Plus with Yona not only is she getting paid more, she still gets to talk shit to her employer. Probably won't find that combo anywhere else.

Aggregator gang
A container...about the size of a PERSON, you say?...Hmmm, how much would a blue werewolf boy be worth these days I wonder? XD

Is Nine going to be the answer? But Yuri knows the "items" as she said, wouldn't she have displayed some sort of jealousy over this?

Although when seeing Peacock's line of questioning, the answers do apply to Nine as well.

Dex-chan lover
yes! beat his musty *** and pluck him of all his pride! I've never been so driven to hate his type before, but I do have a thing against mint heads

Users who are viewing this thread